• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Certificate in Policing

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

sc24
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Priest'

Certificate in Policing

Post by sc24 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Just completed my tutor refresher course in preparation for tutoring. Our students will be the first in the force to undertake the City & Guilds Certificate in Policing.

Are any other forces offering this to their PCSOs. Just wondered if some of us 'old timers' were able to obtain this certificate?
This job is about people, not headlines

tonkertoy
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: Certificate in Policing

Post by tonkertoy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:07 pm

D&C Police are refusing to Allow their PCSO's who are already in the Job to have the certificate in Policing, Only new PCSO Recruits will obtain the Certificate.
The New Recruits will be mentored by Old School PCSO's, overlooked by Core Skills Trainers from HQ Training Dept.

sc24
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Priest'

Post by sc24 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Is this certificate worthwhile and does anybody know the cost if l wanted to fund it myself?
This job is about people, not headlines

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 am

Is it worthwhile?

Well, I've just counted up my C & G certificates. I've got 16 including numeracy, literacy, aeronautical engineering and history! I enjoyed the learning process for each and every one. IMHO while studying for this qualification you will re-evaluate the job you do. No bad thing!

It may or may not help you get a job one day, but that's not the be all and end all. There's nothing wrong with studying in order to enhance your abilities in the job you are already doing.

ninjamonk
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ninjamonk » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:03 pm

From what i'm aware of and i have said this on the forum before, the cip is useful if you want to become a Regular. as you complete the 6 units out of the 10 as a regular and correct me if i'm wrong i think the CIP probably would cost about £700.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic