Application

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
dj_doubler

Application

Post by dj_doubler » Mon May 07, 2012 6:11 am

Hi all,

Looking for some advice - Before filling in the whole application to become a PCSO I wanted your guys input on the following - I got cautioned about 9 years ago for cannabis possession would this count against me? there was also an instance where I was working for a small firm of 10 and something went missing and we all got arrested on suspicion on something or other - everyone had the charges dropped (for reason's unknown) would this have to be declared as nothing came from it?

I just want to know if it is worth me putting in a application rather then waste people's time going through it for no reason. I do have a member of my family who is a special constable and his application has gone through with no problems so I am assuming they did a background check on my for his application?

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: Application

Post by falkor » Mon May 07, 2012 11:16 am

dj_doubler wrote: I got cautioned about 9 years ago for cannabis possession would this count against me?
this point is actually covered in the PNLD
If the application form says that the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 then the caution must be disclosed, no matter how long ago it was given.

However, this does not mean that it will not be disclosed on a CRB check. Under the current system all cautions, reprimands and final warnings are disclosed on both Standard and Enhanced CRB disclosures no matter how far back they go.
The competition for PCSO vacancies has never been so intense, so there will be candidates alongside you with "clean records"
I just want to know if it is worth me putting in a application rather then waste people's time going through it for no reason
if you don't apply you will never know "for sure" if you would have succeeded and nobody on here can really tell you if it is worth putting in a application "rather then waste people's time going through it"

how much time do you think would be "wasted" then?
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

dj_doubler

Post by dj_doubler » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 am

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply to my question. I was just hoping someone else might have been in a similar position and mabye had been accepted / rejected? I will just apply and see what happens.... whats the worst that can happen? :-)

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

Yes I am in a similar position with the met, read the post in applications titled accepted for assment now rejected prior to day 1.....which i guess tells you everything lol but they said it wasn't a problem and then someone decided it was! I am appealing. the best bet is to declare everything and then they can't say you have been dishonest with them. you should also call them to check beforehand as different forces have diffrent criteria

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Fri May 11, 2012 11:41 am

you are in a similar position with the met

can you please tell us if MET PCSO vacancies are now closed then? can you link to more info on that?

sorry to hear that you got a rejection, would you be interested in any other MET vacancies instead?

according to http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/ PCSO vacancies are still up for grabs and the regular vacancy for Custody Nurse Practitioners £28,443 increase to £35,053 through annual increments, plus location and a 20% shift allowance this is basically a cheap FME isn't it? :slna:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

Post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Well thats weird!!! it seems that yes they are recruiting again and so soon after their last campaign closed??
would I be interested in other vacancies?? dunno I really wanna end up as a copper tbh but for now I am just hoping they make the right (imo) decision with my appeal, the only good news on this is that they received my appeal on the 30/04 and "endeavour to reply within 21 days", as of yet I have heard nothing so at least (it seems) they are actually considering it!!
I aint a qualified nurse so couldn't do that particular post mate but yeah i reckon it's just a fme.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic