• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Sacked Bristol police officer Tony Ryan denies tweeting

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Sacked Bristol police officer Tony Ryan denies tweeting

Post by falkor » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:56 pm

[ external image ]
THE CASE AGAINST PC RYAN

PSD believed a number of tweets gave the game away for PC Ryan, including:

12/3/13 – mention of a missing person consistent with his duties that day

28/3/2013 – reference to South Gloucestershire district using local terminology

13/04/13 and 23/04/13 – reference to a DCI who dealt with a misconduct issue

23/04/13 – informed references to Chief Constable Nick Gargan and his predecessor Colin Port

01/08/13 – reference to Mr Gargan’s lunch with student officers and indicating local knowledge of a controversial student PC

28/08/13 – reference to wages not being paid, which happened to an officer or officers he knew

30/08 and 31/08/13 – reference to a suspect search consistent with his duties and activities

11/09/13 – tweet about a PC meeting Deputy Chief Constable John Long – knowledge limited to close colleagues
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Sacked Bristol police officer Tony Ryan denies tweeting

Post by powdermonkey » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 pm

I did a quick internet search as I had not heard about this officer. An article in the Bristol Post lists the points you do, Falkor, and also lists a few points in the officer's favour. It strikes me that the culprit might be a close colleague of Tony Ryan and I would have thought that it would have been necessary to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Ryan was to blame. I accept that it was a disciplinary hearing (civil) and not a criminal matter, but his livelihood was at stake. I don't know if Twitter could be forced to reveal the account holder's identity but I would hope that they were at least asked. The cynic in me wonders if the force just looked at it as a quick and easy way to reduce the wages bill.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic