What type of equipment do you take out with you?

For your first year - you're a ROOKIE!! You are new to the job and will have plenty of questions that need answering - despite your 3 weeks intensive training. Ask your questions HERE! ANYTHING, no subject is too small, no query is too silly

Moderator: national-PCSOs

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: What type of equipment do you take out with you?

Post by PI & GI » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:21 pm

JimmyRiddle wrote:Old PCSO equipment:
4D ? (foot long) massive maglite
First Aid pouch with face mask
Pouch for FPN books

Equipment I carry as a Security Officer in the USA (power plant):
AR-15 assault rifle
S&W M&P 9mm
x2 9mm magazines
x4 AR-15 magazines
OC spray (not CS which is ridic!)
Handcuffs
Cellphone in pouch
First Aid pouch

A bit of a difference! You are actually given stuff to protect yourself / other people, rather than being by yourself with no self defence as a PCSO. Thanks Home Office! I'm still not a bobby though mind! :sltgu:

git! any jobs in your company lol
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

JimmyRiddle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:18 am

PI & GI wrote: git! any jobs in your company lol
Actually, quite regularly! The turn over is not high, but there as it's not the most interesting job. The place is so well defended and tightly locked down, any interactions are very rare. Usually someone with a long rifle hunting deer straying onto the property. Only real police type experience is searching people and cars on the way in and using the metal/explosives/wand detectors. Pay is good though, we earn more than the local cops (stupid I know when their job is so dangerous) and I'm making literally twice what I was in hand as a PCSO.

The firearms training was very extensive. Ex-Police on my course said they never shot as much as we have in recent months. It was around 3 months or daily shooting and by the end of it we all got pretty good. Infact, our pass rate for shooting was 80% where as the law enforcement pass mark in this state is 70%.

And shooting handguns/rifles, I can see now how in the heat of the moment and under stress people's responses like "That cop didn't have to use all his ammo" or "Can't they shoot to wound?" or "What about a warning shot" are all stupid arguments. Security / Police are trained to be proficient in F/A, not sharp shooters.
Power of arrest for PCSOs for 'as and when' - s24a PACE & common law (i.e. BoP) using s3 CLA 1967

I'm a PCSO, I will WATCH you get your head kicked in (as per force policy)

JimmyRiddle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:50 am

Kit I will be using as a fugitive recovery agent (bounty hunter) - pics here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pvzao4gnaxsl ... bHURa?dl=0

Handcuff keys - different cuffs say they fit all, but there are issues with the quality of keys

UK spray holder for OC spray

Sig sauer P250C 9mm & level 1 retention paddle holster. Basically means you can't just pull it out of the holster without a release of the catch

Rescue / assisted opening knife - for seat belt cutting and window breaker at the end

Resus pouch

Leg irons / shackles

Oversized hinged cuffs for big people & standard chain links

Monadnock 26" autolock expanable baton. Autolock means it's not friction opening and can be closed with a press of the top button and gentle tap. Hindi cap added to the end so it doesn't slip out of your hand when using and if dropped should roll back to you in a circle. You can also get batons which slide open with a button which would be psychologically a good idea

x3 17 round 9mm mags

UK Hiatt speed cuffs fixed
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power of arrest for PCSOs for 'as and when' - s24a PACE & common law (i.e. BoP) using s3 CLA 1967

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Post by Bert Moffat » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

JimmyRiddle wrote:Kit I will be using as a fugitive recovery agent (bounty hunter) - pics attached:
It's you!! :sloop:

[ external image ]

JimmyRiddle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Bert Moffat wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Kit I will be using as a fugitive recovery agent (bounty hunter) - pics attached:
It's you!! :sloop:
He just gives the industry a bad name. He is trying to stop the Hawaii government allowing hunters to use firearms but it is because he cannot possess one because he is a convicted felon for manslaughter.

I would love to fool around with his wife though. Man those tits and nails would be lethal!

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Post by Bert Moffat » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 pm

JimmyRiddle wrote: Man those tits and nails would be lethal!
Get out the gutter neeb - do you really have to lower the tone like that?

JimmyRiddle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:39 am

Bert Moffat wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote: Man those tits and nails would be lethal!
Get out the gutter neeb - do you really have to lower the tone like that?
Don't take yourself too seriously. You're not giving a presentation now

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic