• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
As the horror of the Grenfell Tower block fire unfolded on Wednesday (June 14) morning, people from across the country have started asking what they can do to help those affected.

It's thought that around 500 people call the Lancaster West Estate high-rise home, and they need help - most of them will have lost everything.

getwestlondon has launched this JustGiving page, in aid of those affected by the horrific fire.

Although we'll never be able to replace their loved ones, memories and homes, we can help them rebuild.

We can show them that there's a whole country of people willing to support them as best as we can.

So if you can afford it, even just £1, please show these people some love at this terrible time and donate.

PCSO

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Luke - devon

PCSO

Post by Luke - devon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:51 am

Hey!

My name is luke i am 17 years old and live in devon, i really want a career in the police force and starting as a pcso in london will be a dream! i am currently studding public services at collage, well what i really want to know are a few qwestions here gose :P

How old do you have to be to be a PCSO?

Is it possible to become a police officer after a few years of being a PCSO?

What are the entry tests for a PCSO and do you need any gcse's or A levels?

Well thats most my qwestions asked, cant wait till i join make some money and make london alot safer to live :D

Thank you

all the best Luke

JMGPannal
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by JMGPannal » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi Luke,

Minimum age for all PCSO is 18

You can become a PC after some time as a PCSO, this is usually set as a minimum of a year before you can apply.

Entry selection depends on the force - for the Met its 2 role plays, 2 written exercises and an interview.

No formal qualifications are needed to apply.

Jon
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Met PCSO: 21/02/08 - 23/05/10
PC: 24/05/2010 - Onwards

Luke - devon

PCSO

Post by Luke - devon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:32 pm

Hey jon,

Sounds good, i think i am going to finish my course pass driving test and hopefully become a PCSO.. so are you a PCSO in the met? if so any chance you can tell me the yearly pay? I live in devon now i was from london middlesex, and i still have family down that way also devon can be pretty quite and i am alway up for a challenge.

Well thanks alot jon for the reply

All the best Luke

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:08 pm

MET PCSO pay in 2006 was:
Basic salary ranges from £17,789 to £20,448, You may be entitled to an additional shift disturbance allowance of 12.5%, 15% or 20%, depending on your shift pattern, If you work in Zone 1 or Zone 2 of London, you will also receive a London location allowance of £2,864 or £1,523 respectively.
that was 2006 but you can try their site at http://www.met.police.uk/ :wink:

:arrow: please raise this on "National Salaries"

tommasi
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tommasi » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Luke

I also studied public services at college I finished in June last year I’m now a SPCSO in the met, I have been in for 5 months. I am enjoying it but because I have just turned 19. I get a lot of stick, buts its just good banter. You need to be quite mature though.

You don’t need any qualifications, but you need to be confident and patient.

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: PCSO

Post by Gforceuk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Luke - devon wrote:Hey!

My name is luke i am 17 years old and live in devon, i really want a career in the police force and starting as a pcso in london will be a dream! i am currently studding public services at collage, well what i really want to know are a few qwestions here gose :P

How old do you have to be to be a PCSO?

Is it possible to become a police officer after a few years of being a PCSO?

What are the entry tests for a PCSO and do you need any gcse's or A levels?

Well thats most my qwestions asked, cant wait till i join make some money and make london alot safer to live :D

Thank you

all the best Luke
Not knocking .. but is being a pcso in the met the best dream you can come up with.. he he..

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Get hold of Blackstones book for PCSO,s it tells you what they are looking for how to apply the selection process and tips on how to get in as well as telling you what you will be doing
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic