should pcso be given additional powers

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:58 am

Boy George wrote:It's a bit early for fireworks and anyway my dog does not like them one bit.

Thats abit rough :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards
Anthony

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re:

Post by falkor » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:35 am

MetDoug101 wrote:So to round things off:

Cuffs: Possibly depending of area of work
Vest: Yes in all counties
Baton: Yes in all counties
Spray: Yes in all counties
(I think PCSO's should get either spray or the baton, but not both.)
Warrant to arrest: Not at all
Warrant to detain: Yes in all counties (already current legislation?)

I am open to critisism on my views, but like I have said, this is just in my opinion.

what is the "warrant" bit? I do not get that part, sounds like PCSOs should have warrants given to them to carry around with them on their beats
do you mean "Arrest without warrant" and "detain without warrant" ? :wink:

PCSOs do not need additional powers to apply handcuffs, if they are detaining or making an arrest they can apply handcuffs if they have them as part of justifiable legal force

but talking of additional powers :arrow: check out our POWERS page here

what powers are left that PCSOs haven't got after reading that? can anybody say? :!:

sponge
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: should pcso be given additional powers

Post by sponge » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:28 pm

I think i would help if we had the power to stop & search, and be able to issue a few more FPN's for minor driving offences.
PPE..well i think it's should be top priority for health & safety resons to be issued CS, were dealing with public here, we don't know what's round the corner!!
SNT PCSO SINCE NOVEMBER 2006

morley sherrif
Official Member
Official Member

Re: should pcso be given additional powers

Post by morley sherrif » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:19 pm

sponge wrote:I think i would help if we had the power to stop & search, and be able to issue a few more FPN's for minor driving offences.
PPE..well i think it's should be top priority for health & safety resons to be issued CS, were dealing with public here, we don't know what's round the corner!!

I agree with sponge with regard to dealing with minor driving offences. In Derbyshire we have recently had two purges with regard to traffic, one for not wearing seat belts whilst driving and the other which is currently running, driving whilst using a mobile phone. Now lets face facts, we (PCSO's) probably see more of these offences being committed every day than our team members the P.C.'s because we are on foot patrol for the vast majority of our duty time. SO GIVE US THE POWERS TO DEAL WITH THEM. :evil: :evil:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic