• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

recruitment

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

rhm..

Re: recruitment

Post by rhm.. » Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Hig guys, congrats to you both. awesome news! Got back from my jollies today and had a message to call them. not good news, I failed the vetting. I can only assume due to a family member I mentioned earlier on the board, as I have never been in trouble. it was my main concern. oh well... bah humbug..

I guess i'll get on with constructing a new life plan! :cry:

Hope you guys have a brilliant time, and im sure you'll both do an awesome job! x

vespa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vespa » Sat May 24, 2008 2:59 pm

Sorry to hear your news RHM! :( Is there anyway that you can appeal? It just seems unfair that someone who you don't have any contact with can stop you joining. Please don't let it stop you from trying because I know working for the police is what you really want to do mate. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. x

D B Dako 1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by D B Dako 1 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:43 am

Im so sorry for you Rhm, to get this far and for that to happen. Im sure there is a reason for it, you probably wont think so now but in time you will look back and you will see it. Goodluck with whatever you do and take care x

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:41 pm

Im so sorry to hear you failed at the vetting stage. Im really surprised. I think if i was in your shoes i would appeal, there were people in my intake who had members of family who had a criminal record, one even had a cousin who did time in prison, never met him but when applying it worried him. I think its awful that peoples chances of getting a job can come down to members of the family you may not even know.

Post by Guest » Thu May 29, 2008 4:08 pm

hi guys, it's just one of those things I guess. And it's a more close family member that cousin. I suppose they just have to be careful with these types of things.

I have just spoken to northumbria, as I was obviously worried as to whether or not to still attend their assessment next week. And they have just told me that I should still go, as their vetting system is different, and as my address has just changed to their region that might make a difference. So thats kind of good news I guess... Here we go again. :shock:

vespa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vespa » Thu May 29, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm glad your still going for it rhm...good luck with the assessment next week..let me know how it goes...god remember how nervous we all were sat in that room last July...lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic