• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Freee Travel ?? Not on our service

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

tim419
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by tim419 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:27 am

News item just placed on MPS internal system - MPS PCSOs and Traffic Wardens retain access to free travel on/off duty, under following conditions:-

1) they must show MPS identity pass with words "COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICER" or "TRAFFIC WARDEN" embossed on the front with their photo clearly displayed;

2) it applies to BUSES ONLY - not any train, tube or tram service unless specifically agreed locally on Borough Commander's direction;

3) any PCSO, TW or police staff member attempting to use free travel on a BUS in London WITHOUT (1) will not be permitted to travel and may be considered as committing a serious discipline offence;

4) the free travel option is a privilege granted on the assumption that if something happens, the PCSO/TW will act as a professional witness and take any other appropriate action.

Full details on Intranet!

GEST

Travel

Post by GEST » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:05 pm

I am a police cadet with west mercia constabulary and we get free bus and train travel ONLY if we are traveling to work and IN uniform, this seems strange as PC, SC and CSO's all get free travel with west mercia but not in the BTP (and they police the public transport system!

melvin
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by melvin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:22 pm

If im chasing someone on the transport network, ya all better get outta my way or 15stone of testosterone and kebab fuelled PCSO will obliterate you!!!!!!
I will pick up the bits later, and you better not make me drop my cola!!

Mel
Fighting crime on the line some of the time.
But you have no hope if im on refs, im gonna stay in the warm until my 38 mins are up.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 pm

lol Mel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[ external image ]

GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

lonerider
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by lonerider » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:35 am

Just wanted to open up this debate again!

PCS union for MPS PCSO's are as you maybe aware trying to get us FREE travel amongst other things

Tell me what your union is doing. Are they getting or trying to get you free travel?

ash160
Rookie Member

Re: Freee Travel ?? Not on our service

Post by ash160 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:15 pm

just reading on the forum, do u think that pcso will ever get free travel on trains?

its kinda unfair just to get the one realy lol

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:03 am

ash160 wrote:just reading on the forum, do u think that pcso will ever get free travel on trains?

its kinda unfair just to get the one realy lol

Why, when they don't even give BTP / LuL pcso's free travel on the tube!.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

Sgt87
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re:

Post by Sgt87 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:41 am

lonerider wrote:Just wanted to open up this debate again!

PCS union for MPS PCSO's are as you maybe aware trying to get us FREE travel amongst other things

Tell me what your union is doing. Are they getting or trying to get you free travel?
It's not going to happen and that was direct from the Director of HR.

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Tue May 04, 2010 9:58 am

Just read this old posts and it looks like you where right don't think it will happen i have worked with the met for 2.5 years and the union have been apparently trying to get free travel and so far nothing.
Regards
Anthony

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic