ARCHIVE OF FORUMS
Please note: an old version of the forums recorded on the last day that we ran with 3.0.12, is on file at http://national-pcsos.co.uk/index.php but note that the content will not have any threads put on after that day, because it is just an ARCHIVE!
LACK OF FEATURES ON THE "NEW" FORUMS
You might notice that a few features are missing from the upgraded forums. Yes at this stage we just have a "VANILLA" system, it provides a basic message board - shows you the threads and allows you to reply. If you are looking for content that is held elsewhere e.g. mChat, then try the "Archive" described above. The features still work there. We hope to gain new features for our "New Forums" next year!
WHY BOTHER TO MOVE FROM 3.0.12 to 3.1.0 ?
The old version was planned and released in 2007 so we have a system that is 7 years old. The latest version was released THIS MONTH. Although there is nothing inherently wrong with the old version - the new version has much more potential to accept better forum features and of course includes "cutting edge" up to the minute coding methods. Please report any issues that you find with the "New Forums" as soon as you can. Just add a reply to this thread or start a new thread.
Please email us with any issue if you are unable to LOG IN to the "New Forums"
1) BROWSERS 2) Private messages 3) Notifications 4) Logging in 5) Missing feature 6) Archive forums 7) Quick Links
1) BROWSER CHECK
Please ensure that your internet browsers are the latest versions - try this site to help check this https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
If you are using an old browser ( a browser is e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) from years ago, then this could cause the "new forums" to display 'badly'! For instance our new forums do not support IE8 or before. Please upgrade your browser to the latest version or the "New Forums" may not perform properly.
2) Private messages
The Messages 'running number' shown, now means something slightly different than previously used. The number shown now, indicates how many unread private messages you have. Previously the number shown was how many private messages since you last logged in. This is why you may now suddenly see 1,2, or 3 or even more private messages, it means you should go to your Private Messages inbox, the unread messages have "highlighted" (red) icons at the left of the header title! If you are still having problems Look at the percentage of the inbox folder used. If you are at 100% capacity, this means that some messages could be "held" and you need to take action to clear the backlog viz. delete old unwanted PMs.
If the notifications number is annoying you please go to your UCP (User Control Panel) and look at your Board preferences. (Click on "Edit notifications") If there are a lot of ticks in boxes, then untick the boxes, this will reduce your notifications! (NOTE, it will not zero your old notifications, if you had 10 notifications, then went to your Board preferences Clicked on "Edit notifications" and took all the ticks out, you'll still have 10 notifications because the ticks only apply to Future Notifications!)
4) Logging in
If you have problems Logging in to the "new" forums, you may need to reset your password or clear site cookies. To reset your password click on "LOG IN," then look at the field where you are expected to type your password. Below that is the wording "I forgot my password," click on that to reset your pasword. If you are still having problems you may need To clear site cookies, go to the very bottom of our Board Index and find the wording "Delete all Board Cookies" click on that. Now try Logging in again!
5) Missing feature
Extra features are planned for the "new" forums in 2015 - meanwhile please be content with the basic system that allows you to view and participate in topics of interest to our members. Please help the site by creating new topics that could be of interest to our members and remember "off duty" topics such as "I built a swimming pool in my back garden" can sometimes be just as captivating as any "Headline News"
6) Archive forums
If you're wondering where the old mChat went, or where the old forums Gallery went - there is an Archive of the old forums DATED 28 OCT 2014 right here [ http://national-pcsos.co.uk/index.php ] - please do remember IT'S AN ARCHIVE, no replying or new topics please!
7) Quick Links
"Where are Active Topics?" and "Where are 'Your Posts'?" and "Where is Search?" and "Where is memberlist?" heeeey! check "Quick Links" top left of page
- by falkor Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 pm Christmas on the telly? View the latest post Replies 1 Views 109
- by JimmyRiddle Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:13 am Motorway Patrol UK View the latest post Replies 2 Views 1197
- by Pedge Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:16 pm PCSO videos only!! View the latest post Replies 63 Views 10488
- by wiggum Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:10 am btp free travel?? View the latest post Replies 13 Views 1552
- by wiggum Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:01 pm roll call 2016 View the latest post Replies 10 Views 1691
- by Bert Moffat Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:12 pm All the best.... View the latest post Replies 4 Views 1213
- by Xray5 Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:16 pm Dash Cams View the latest post Replies 5 Views 1440
- by powdermonkey Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:00 am legal tender? View the latest post Replies 5 Views 1671
- by falkor Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:02 pm 2014 PCSO documentary View the latest post Replies 1 Views 1143
- by gibbsw42 Tue May 26, 2015 2:04 pm error View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1081
- by falkor Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:36 pm first dungeon of 2015 View the latest post Replies 8 Views 1858
- by JimmyRiddle Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm Route to PC View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1593
- by naughtygoose Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:25 pm Polishing boots View the latest post Replies 6 Views 1423
- by powdermonkey Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 am swap a role View the latest post Replies 4 Views 1142
- by Big Brother Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:20 pm Boots (again!) View the latest post Replies 13 Views 2622
- by Raven Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:10 pm Recruitment is back on View the latest post Replies 15 Views 2089
This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.