Is the site broken ?

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Is the site broken ?

Post by Bert Moffat » Sat May 16, 2015 5:40 pm

..... or just really quiet?

Roadie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Is the site broken ?

Post by Roadie » Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 am

I've just logged into the site for the first time in a while. I was quite shocked that there have been hardly any new posts.

In a time when PCSOs are being faced with cuts in numbers and changes in our role I was very surprised that the Forums are not busier than ever.

Maybe PCSOs don't want to talk about issues any more?

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Tue May 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Roadie,

It's been like Monty Python's famous parrot for some time now. I lasted posted a few weeks ago but there's been hardly any activity for some time.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Roadie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Roadie » Tue May 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Powdermonkey,

We need to get some new topics and posts on the Forum to get fellow PCSOs comments and opinions. We seemed to have gone quiet.

Have we lost interest in what is happening around us? I know a lot of Forces are reviewing how they use PCSOs. We need to share with each other what is going on and what is changing.

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Roadie,

I'm at a loss to explain the recent drop in activity. The future of us PCSO's was discussed a couple of months ago on this thread : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18861 "Could this be the end of the PCSO ??"

We all know our forces are facing further cuts but the trouble is we don't know how deep, when and where and this may vary from force to force. It's probably that lack of hard facts to discuss that has something to with why people aren't on here talking about it. My force is bringing in new shifts to stretch the resources further. It's a 5 team shift pattern, to include NPT, Response, CID, front desk, Control & so on. We currently run a 3 team shift pattern. There are 3 shift patterns being looked at by our senior management team and which ever is chosen will have to be capable of being altered to allow for local demands. Different people have different views as to which pattern they prefer e.g. 6 on 4 off, 7 on 3 off then 7 on 4 off. Again, when one pattern is chosen that isn't the end of it as the actual shifts themselves will have to be set. It isn't getting much discussion at work as there's too much room for speculation to make discussion worthwhile.

As of next March, when the current financial year ends, the local council where I work have said they are ending their part of PCSO funding. No one knows, or at least hasn't said, what happens then. Will there be job losses? If so, will it be natural wastage and redeployment or will there be redundancies? Will the force make up the difference? Will the council change their mind before then? On my team there are 3 PCSO's, including me, who are in their mid 50's. We're the nearest to being able to take early retirement but myself and one other are not in a financial position to do so, we still need to work and earn.

We now have a new government. Will the Tories increase the depth and rate of cuts? Will they change their minds and increase police budgets.

I know the current financial problems the police face & our job futures are the biggest topics for us, but there are many other things and I can't explain why the forum is so quiet. I hope it isn't because people think the forum is no use as there is no other forum for PCSO's as far as I know.

JimmyRiddle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » Fri May 22, 2015 7:13 am

I think we all realised nothing new was posted and certain people just wanted to go round and around over the same issues. You know who you are.
Power of arrest for PCSOs for 'as and when' - s24a PACE & common law (i.e. BoP) using s3 CLA 1967

I'm a PCSO, I will WATCH you get your head kicked in (as per force policy)

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Wed May 27, 2015 11:28 pm

If you think this forum is quiet, don't go to the Traffic Officer forum!!! :slwo:
I am running the Great North Run in aid of the British Red Cross. Please sponsor me at https://www.justgiving.com/ScouseTom

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Post by Bert Moffat » Thu May 28, 2015 8:30 am

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Fri May 29, 2015 6:18 pm

does anybody bother with the Pcso FB page? :slby: https://www.facebook.com/policecommunitysupportofficer
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Post by Bert Moffat » Fri May 29, 2015 10:27 pm

No

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Sat May 30, 2015 12:04 pm

No, I'm not on Facebook and don't intend joining it - I see no benefits for me in doing so.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:03 pm

what about the site's truly amazing NEWS PAGE? does anybody bother with that?

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Post by Bert Moffat » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:19 pm

No

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 am

Did you even look at it MOFFAT? :slchee:

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Post by Bert Moffat » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:38 am

Yep, dull and very dated looking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic