• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

if you are a PCSO you should be in a union!

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

if you are a PCSO you should be in a union!

Post by falkor » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:15 am

Marlon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: if you are a PCSO you should be in a union!

Post by Marlon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 pm

What are the benefits?

(I know why I was a union member when I was a PCSO, but let's sell this thread a little.)

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Without a doubt PCSO's should be in a union, over the past few months l have had a problem, and the union were there to help me out, and they continue to do so.

I was a special, and didn't have one, but l am a strong union person, and the union is there to help you, and they do, l support my union 100%. :slroll:

the dark lord
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by the dark lord » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:15 am

Of the 25 or so officer i have worked with only one has ever had cause to call on the union, wherin the promptly did feck all, it was the local fed rep (of all people) who helped out the most!

Keep meaning to cancel my membership...

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

Unions are like insurance companies, you can not afford not to be insured but they ill do all they can not to pay out when you claim, in the same way you need to be in the union but it is like getting blood from a stone when you need their help
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

the dark lord
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by the dark lord » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Right;

I have an issue i want to run by the union, how the hell do i figure out who to email?

(unison)

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:35 pm

the dark lord wrote:Right;
I have an issue i want to run by the union, how the hell do i figure out who to email?
(unison)
Look on your nearest Unison noticeboard or pop an email to your local Unison Branch Secretary.

bigbird
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by bigbird » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:44 am

:sldv: Unions dont get me started. BTP will only recognise TSSA who have no negotiation rights from BTP. You have a union who cannot fight for a wage increase and have told some members i.e. on issue of body armour. If it is stated on an op order such as nottinghill carnival body armour to be worn if you havent been issued yet do not go out, but if you get disciplined we wont support you. :slra:

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:31 am

bigbird wrote::sldv: Unions dont get me started. BTP will only recognise TSSA who have no negotiation rights from BTP. You have a union who cannot fight for a wage increase and have told some members i.e. on issue of body armour. If it is stated on an op order such as nottinghill carnival body armour to be worn if you havent been issued yet do not go out, but if you get disciplined we wont support you. :slra:
Get active!

It's YOUR Union. If you're a member, go along to the next Branch meeting, stand up and tell them what you think of them. Demand some action!

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:51 am

well said Arthur

Branch Meetings are full of PCSOs who are looking out for their PCSO colleagues where they are stationed

but the meetings can only deal with what is brought to their attention

so either GO to the meetings yourself OR make sure your rep is going to them :slch2:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic