• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
As the horror of the Grenfell Tower block fire unfolded on Wednesday (June 14) morning, people from across the country have started asking what they can do to help those affected.

It's thought that around 500 people call the Lancaster West Estate high-rise home, and they need help - most of them will have lost everything.

getwestlondon has launched this JustGiving page, in aid of those affected by the horrific fire.

Although we'll never be able to replace their loved ones, memories and homes, we can help them rebuild.

We can show them that there's a whole country of people willing to support them as best as we can.

So if you can afford it, even just £1, please show these people some love at this terrible time and donate.

What to the Public think of PCSO's?

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

What to the Public think of PCSO's?

Post by mj12cz » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:55 pm

So what do you the public think of us PCSO's

Just comments or questions, we may be able to answer that burning question you have but please do not be rude or the post may be removed!
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

kipper
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Re: What to the Public think of PCSO's?

Post by kipper » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:54 pm

mj12cz wrote:So what do you the public think of us PCSO's

but please do not be rude or the post may be removed!

Trigger finger at the ready
Tally Ho! Chaps, Bandits 12o/c High.
Affordable Web Hosting Solutions with Unlimited and Multi-Domain Hosting Options www.hostpost.co.uk - Special rates for PCSOs please use contact form on site for details.

ess
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ess » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:11 am

To be honest I've had nothing but a very positive reaction from the public (right down to them sponsoring me for my patrol bike!!)

Except for a couple of scrotes in my area, however most of them are good and honestly don't know the difference.... and they just call me "the good cop" :D
The last law in a world gone out of control. Pray that he's out there somewhere.

So where the bloody hell are you?

dizzy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dizzy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:03 pm

They like us, we are visable and also aproachable

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:58 pm

dizzy wrote:They like us, we are visable and also aproachable

Unless we"re getting "em nicked and ticketed and ejected from the stations!. :lol:
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:54 am

I am waiting with baited breath, to here what the public think about us.
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:14 pm

DANGEROUS TIGER wrote:I am waiting with baited breath, to here what the public think about us.

don't hold it! :lol:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Coco

Post by Coco » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:18 pm

I just want say i am a 24 year old female in the greater manchester area, and all i can say is that i think you do a great job, so much so that im hoping to apply in the nxt year or so ( or when i get a bit healthier haha ). as far as im concerned i dont see a difference with you and the police i think any uniformed presence make people feel alot safer on the streets, so keep up the good work. :wink:

Sorry 1 question though i dont drive and i wondered is it an advantage or a make or break thing?

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:00 pm

Coco wrote:I just want say i am a 24 year old female in the greater manchester area, and all i can say is that i think you do a great job, so much so that im hoping to apply in the nxt year or so ( or when i get a bit healthier haha ). as far as im concerned i dont see a difference with you and the police i think any uniformed presence make people feel alot safer on the streets, so keep up the good work. :wink:

Sorry 1 question though i dont drive and i wondered is it an advantage or a make or break thing?

Firstly,
Thanks for the kind comments, Secondly I going to Hug you LOL, no seriously It makes us officers on the street pleased to hear comments like that.
As for your Question, Not sure, in Lincolnshire you have to be able to drive not sure about Manchester.

George Orwell

sueb
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by sueb » Mon May 01, 2006 10:34 am

coco it must depend on what force your applying for cos in nrthumbria you dont have to drive to be a PCSO but durham you do and it states you need driving licence on the application form.

maybe if you ring there personnell office they might be able to help.

and yes thank you for your kind remarks much appriechated

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Mon May 01, 2006 7:10 pm

Coco you go for it and good luck with your application :)
Remember he who dare's wins (only fools and horses)

What you see is not always what you get!

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Tue May 02, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi Coco, welcome to the site, and thanks for all the positive comments you made about P.C.S.O.s. Its a great life, and I am sure you would love it.

Here at Thames Valley it is not necessary to drive. They had originally stated a driving licence was required, but were forced to retract this from the job description, as it was deemed to be illegal, by discriminating against non drivers, so how some forces can be operating illegally on this issue, I have no idea.

Anyway Coco, the very best of luck to you. :roll: :roll: :roll:
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

Trotsky

Post by Trotsky » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:04 pm

ess wrote: To be honest I've had nothing but a very positive reaction from the public................. most honestly don't know the difference.... and they just call me "the good cop" :D

This is what I find very frightening. Believe me when they want a police officer and find out your roles limitations they will be less than happy.

Trotsky

Number 6
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Number 6 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:05 pm

Very positive reaction from all the communities I work with.
Some concern about future funding now and again.
Although, I always point out that future funding will be in the police budget on council tax, and go to lengths to explain this is nothing new as the police service is staffed by approximately 40 to 50% police staff anyway.
"All of the above is in no way a criticism of the fine women and men who chose to be regular civilian police officers (as opposed to regular civilian police staff)."

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:41 pm

It is not essential to hold a full and valid uk driving licence to apply or work as a pcso with the GMP as your patrol will be limited to foot or bike.

A full job-discription may be downloaded from the following page.
http://www.gmp-recruitment.co.uk/Police ... C30027E460

Recruitment dates are August2006 and 2007/8.

Regards. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic