recruitment

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

fairman

recruitment

Post by fairman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:29 am

i'm very interested in the work cso's do and am currently awaiting application packs from my 2 local forces,i've found this forum really helpful (and also amusing at times) and it has helped me enormously to make my decision to push ahead with my application (as i had a few reservations!!)when it eventually arrives! as it seems that the work you do is very worthwhile and APPRECIATED by the public and police alike. i will keep anybody who is interested informed and hopefully i will be seeing you on shifts in due course(thats if you serve gmp or lancs:)

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:35 am

Hi there Fairman,

Good to hear that you have decided to go for it.

It is a totally new life for many people, especially those who have worked in a closed environment. The role is one that provides a lot of satisfaction, when you see others benefiting from your actions. In many ways it is an opportunity to express yourself.

I certainly could not go back to doing the things I used to do.

Anyway, keep posting and let us know how things are going.

Good luck to you Fairman
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

Gill

Recruit

Post by Gill » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:46 am

Well I have found this site this morning and its great - I have my interview and assessment tomorrow to become a cso - so just some last minute reading up. This site has been really helpful

dilly day dream
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Post by dilly day dream » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:02 am

well Gill... join up hun causes theres more..

good luck wiv yr interview.... and remeber they dont bite.

Dilly
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present!

jedrick999
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by jedrick999 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:49 am

fairman and gill come on join up and join in with the world of p.c.s.o's and the world of laughs

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Recruit

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:28 am

Gill wrote:Well I have found this site this morning and its great - I have my interview and assessment tomorrow to become a cso - so just some last minute reading up. This site has been really helpful

Good luck for today Gill. Welcome to the site, and to the Big Family.

Look forward to hearing how you got on.
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

Sharoney

Interview!

Post by Sharoney » Tue May 02, 2006 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I have an interview on Wed 10th May for role of community support officer with Gloucestershire Police, the letter I received says its just an interview but on the police website it says the next stage after application is assesment centre with verbal reasoning, written eniglsh and math skills tests... what should I expect, will it be an interview or assesment centre day? Would really appreciate knowing what to expect!

birminghamben
Rookie Member

Post by birminghamben » Tue May 02, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi, Id give them a call to clarify, that way you can fully prepare.

Good luck!
Thanks for reading..remember the above ramblings are just that. They certainly do not represent the views of any police force or official body. Cant be to careful these days!

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Interview!

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 am

Sharoney wrote:Hi all,

I have an interview on Wed 10th May for role of community support officer with Gloucestershire Police, the letter I received says its just an interview but on the police website it says the next stage after application is assesment centre with verbal reasoning, written eniglsh and math skills tests... what should I expect, will it be an interview or assesment centre day? Would really appreciate knowing what to expect!

Hi Sharoney,

Welcome to the site. Cant advise on what you want to know, as every area seems to vary. Good luck to you anyway.
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

fairman

recruitment

Post by fairman » Mon May 22, 2006 6:34 pm

still waiting to hear from gmp with an update on my application :? no way of tracking my application online so i'll just have to give them an old fashioned phone call i think.

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Mon May 22, 2006 8:30 pm

Welcome aboard people.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

fairman

recruitment

Post by fairman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:29 pm

got the reply at last!! invited for interview on 21st july,any advice much appreciated especially anyone who has applied to greater manchester police. regards ..

vernon

interview stage 2

Post by vernon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:40 pm

Hello

i have had a reply and my interview is on the 21st of july 06 in manchester which is where im from.

What im wondering is what will i be expecting, is it going to be a talk thru my application along with my working history, will it also include role plays.

If someone can give me some advice i'd be very greatful

cheers

vernon

FAIRMAN

INTERVIEW

Post by FAIRMAN » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:40 pm

hi vernon, i,ll probably see you at prestwich on the 21st,i hope someone can give us a little insight as to what we might come across at the interview, well good luck to you anyway mate. :D

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:19 pm

Completed my tests and interview this week with South Yorkshire and I was pleasantly surprised how thorough and professional the whole process was. Full credit to the staff and many thanks to the CSO`s who gave me an insight into your job on this site. A big thanks to Br... at Rotherham.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic