• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

HATO site

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

HATO site

Post by falkor » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:42 pm

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:46 pm

he he.. i could join that one... just because i'm on reserve till the middle of next year for a post..

but i wont.. my life is sad as it is without joining another forum ;)
PC

safety
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: HATO site

Post by safety » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:00 pm

falkor wrote:http://www.nationaltraffic.co.uk/phpBB2

[ external image ] another new forum!!

This another set up by yourself falk, where do you get the time? lol :D

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:49 am

hehe thanks safety

the time consuming bit comes when the site gets busy and at the moment it's quiet as a graveyard :twisted:

kipper
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Post by kipper » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:02 pm

Tweet twwoooooo!
Yep I know that feeling Falk.
Good luck with the new site :wink:
Tally Ho! Chaps, Bandits 12o/c High.
Affordable Web Hosting Solutions with Unlimited and Multi-Domain Hosting Options www.hostpost.co.uk - Special rates for PCSOs please use contact form on site for details.

foxyfoina@yahoo.com

H.A.T.O's forum

Post by foxyfoina@yahoo.com » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:03 am

Hi, i am a little surprised at this new forum being set up, as I was aware that they have all been told that under no circumstances should any of them discuss ANYTHING to do with their job, they have been told under no uncertain terms that it won't be tolerated! so wandered how it will work, not a criticism for all your hard work, just merely a slight concern thats all. Thanks.

safety
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: H.A.T.O's forum

Post by safety » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:47 pm

foxyfoina@yahoo.com wrote:Hi, i am a little surprised at this new forum being set up, as I was aware that they have all been told that under no circumstances should any of them discuss ANYTHING to do with their job, they have been told under no uncertain terms that it won't be tolerated! so wandered how it will work, not a criticism for all your hard work, just merely a slight concern thats all. Thanks.

A good point made, i have heard the same thing, didnt they recieve emails at work stating that disciplinary actions will be taken if they were found to be talking about their job, silly if you ask me but hey! :D

Lieutenant fatman
Counsellor
Counsellor
Class: 'Paladin'

Post by Lieutenant fatman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:05 pm

I heard the same thing. But correct me if I'm wrong, is it not infringing on their rights and freedom to express themselves to say they aren't allowed to do join a forum or say what they do at work?

I think they could actually get in a huge amount of trouble for sending such an email around if someone has the guts to seriously challenge it, I certainly wouldn't take such rubbish I'll tell you that now.

I got pushed about by management higher up like that in my old job. By the time I was done with them, they opted for early retirement, I kid you not. You can't simply take away people's rights and that's that. It's not like this is the secret service and I'm sure plenty of HATO officers are smart enough to recognise these facts.

Sooner or later these bullies are always put in their place, it's just a matter of time. If they're foolish enough to do something to someone for joining a forum, well... I'm sure we'll find out what happens. :twisted:

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:13 pm

WOW, Lieutenant! what a post :twisted: - hehe I am speechless almost

I would like to see the email they apparently received at work

I think until we can actually inspect the wording, there is not a lot of point speculating further :wink:

> visit the HATO site now!!

TheWanderer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by TheWanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:28 pm

It wasn't an e-mail guys, it was a letter. I'll try and dig it out where I "filed" it for later reference.

Too true though. As long as we do not discuss personal details of anyone involved in incidents then I can't see how their demands are legal. As everyones saying, what I post is similar to what my friends all know and i'm sure that my rights to frredom of association and expression could be infringed by the Highways Agency's demands.
As a matter of fact, YES- I DO OWN THE ROAD!

TheWanderer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by TheWanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:41 pm

In fact, looking into it, and the fact that the Highways Agency are a Government body:

Human Rights Act 1998:

ARTICLE 10
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION
1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

ARTICLE 11
FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY AND ASSOCIATION
1. Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and to freedom of association with others, including the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.

2. No restrictions shall be placed on the exercise of these rights other than such as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others. This Article shall not prevent the imposition of lawful restrictions on the exercise of these rights by members of the armed forces, of the police or of the administration of the State.

An online forum could well be a "group" or "community" so freedom of association is breached by banning us joining such a site,

also, quite rightly, providing we do not disclose anything confidential, or in the interests of national security, the "State", eg the HA cannot stop us expressing our opinions and views online.

melvin
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by melvin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:18 pm

Article 100a.
All the above shall be negated if you get into trouble and try to use the act to help you out if you are a.Not a criminal
b. Police, military, emergency services, anyone who is decent.

Mel
Fighting crime on the line some of the time.
But you have no hope if im on refs, im gonna stay in the warm until my 38 mins are up.

TheWanderer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by TheWanderer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi guys.

Just jumped across fom National Traffic to let you know i'm still pretty much alive and well, helping Falkor to run the site!

It's going brill, well over a hundred members including a small cluster of us that work together. Lots of debate and a geat mix of people.

Hopefully catch a few of you in the chatroom later.

Stay safe, Don.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:43 pm

national traffic CRASHED today and was off the air for 6 hours

right after that phpbb.com went down too! :shock:

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:56 am

Just had a quick look round. Interesting, but I think I will just stick with this site.

Interesting post on the question of are we a litter dump in this country.Definately a very big yes.

we are losing our natural beauty, by building, building, building, and so many people just chuck their litter everywhere. Still, I suppose that if they have no respect for themselves, it is too much too expect them to have it for the envirinment. :cry: :cry: :cry:
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic