• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

GMP Recruitment!!!

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
steve999
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: GMP Recruitment!!!

Post by steve999 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Are you one of these enhanced PCS0s in Oldham?

The money for new PCSOs is still coming from the government ring fenced money and if the force take internal applicants then at least they know what they are getting. If the applicant is a civilian member of staff then the force saves money from one pot and take it out another, makes sense really.

Hudson01
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Hudson01 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 pm

I know of those enhanced PCSO's but i am not one of them, i had heard that most PCSOs will (at some time) be going on more training but when i dont know. The re-recruitment of already GMP staff does make a lot of financial sense, remember the level of Police and force knowledge will be there, the terms used and the way in which crimes and Fwin's are dealt with will be understood.

It just does make a lot of sense, i think a lot of forces will only really recruit internally if at all possible, going external only when all other avenues are exhausted. There are extra costs involved when taking staff from outside the forces and then of course paying out redundancy payments to staff that leave, this has been used (sucessfully) in the private sector for decades.

steve999
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by steve999 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 pm

I thought it would be easier to train all new recruits with the enhanced level of training. What do you think of this enhanced role and what do they actually do on a daily basis ( I have only read the reports from police authority mins)?

Hudson01
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Hudson01 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 pm

I think the enhanced role is being '' rolled '' out over the next year or so, i think the enhanced role is exactly what PCSO's (and the public/police) need, it evolves our role and ensures that we are not just doing what we have always done and are unable to adapt to the changes that are needed.

I suspect there maybe PCSO's that will resist these changes because it was not noted on the job description but if there is to be any future in this role then we have to adapt and be flexible. I also find it more interesting and it ensures that the day to day duties include more than what has gone before.

Adapt or die is the motto that comes to mind with this, the role of PCSO has to meet the needs of not just the communites we serve but the force that employs us, if not, we are sowing the seeds of our own demise.

steve999
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by steve999 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks for that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic