• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

My application was accepted, but...

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
Mister Love

My application was accepted, but...

Post by Mister Love » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Hello Forum users! I'm new here. :)

I recently recieved an acceptence letter for the Day 1 assessment in London (MPS), but since returning my 'Candidate Registration Form' on 04/07/2012 - I've recieved no email for when the Day 1 assessment takes place.

We are obviously now in August, so a month has already passed. Is this normal?

Regards,

'Mister Love'

:slluvv:

Re: My application was accepted, but...

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Mister Love wrote:acceptence
*acceptance. :slch2:

tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tjj5621 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Hello!

I think I might have a reason for the lack of replies from the met. I am currently waiting on starting dates because I recently passed my day two assessment. All my vetting has been processed, my references have been checked. I made a point of ringing up the HR hotline and they told me that everything is moving rather slowly at the moment for the Olympics, so it might take a bit longer to receive information from them. But I also have their email address if you want to contact them, it never hurts to keep them on their toes!

hr.police.recruiting@met.police.uk

It also never hurts to ring them up either. I think they are only accepting calls on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but it is still worth a phone call to put your mind at rest!

Good luck with your Day One : D

Mister Love

Post by Mister Love » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm

tjj5621 wrote:Hello!

I think I might have a reason for the lack of replies from the met. I am currently waiting on starting dates because I recently passed my day two assessment. All my vetting has been processed, my references have been checked. I made a point of ringing up the HR hotline and they told me that everything is moving rather slowly at the moment for the Olympics, so it might take a bit longer to receive information from them. But I also have their email address if you want to contact them, it never hurts to keep them on their toes!

hr.police.recruiting@met.police.uk

It also never hurts to ring them up either. I think they are only accepting calls on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but it is still worth a phone call to put your mind at rest!

Good luck with your Day One : D
Hello. :)

Thanks for replying. I did wonder if it was slowed down due to the Olympics! :sloop:

I will ring them tomorrow and get an update if possible. Also, thanks for the email, I will try that as well.

When the Met ask for references, do they want one personal reference and one work reference?

Thanks!

'Mister Love'

:slluvv:

Dan140793

Post by Dan140793 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Hello.

Don't know if you have received your email yet, but I got an email explaining that the PCSO recruitment process has gone very well, and this has caused delays. They will contact me again by the end of October with an update, hope this helps :)

Dan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic