• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Dream Over - Vetting

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
Sj66
Rookie Member

Re: Dream Over - Vetting

Post by Sj66 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Did you mention your half brother on your vetting form? I had to apply for higher level vetting a few yrs ago & was worried about my Dad's brush with the law some 7yrs earlier (he was acquitted but the case got to Crown Court). I asked my Supt's advice & he said to declare it, so I did, reiterating that I had no contact with my dad at the time, & only knew of his whereabouts more recently because he'd been ill & wanted to see his grandaughter. I got cleared.
My Supt advised that withholding information, no matter how innocently it is done, could be seen as lying, and therefore grounds for refusal. I don't know, may be wrong, as the OPs have said, they can afford to be so much choosier these days because of the number of potential applicants. Don't let it put you off trying again in 6mths, you're still plenty young enough.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, declared what I knew (as i say minimum due to contact). It has put me off, i've been through so much with it.

Months of hard work, hours and hours of the application form and the hardest role play / recruitment day i could imagine, but my feedback said i'd nailed them all. I can't imagine going through all that again to then be knocked back in my final stage (1 month before my scheduled start)

Completely devastated.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I guess thats the way the cookie crumbles.....

Life is tough but you have to get up and start again with something new..

Minx
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Minx » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your plight. Silly questions maybe, have you confirmed that they are definitely checking on you? Is it possible someone could have used your identity?

Good luck in whatever you do next and that it won't be too long before you find it.
Minx

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic