• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

GMP application

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: GMP application

Post by debrabwfc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

Well I got a phone call this morning asking me to go for assessment/interview tomorrow at 10 am - they said they'd been having problems with their phones. Not much time to prepare as no info is given until the day! Nervous as hell now!

Holly774

Post by Holly774 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 pm

I got my call this morning, they offered me tomorrow at 10am, but too short notice for my employers, so I'm there Friday at 8am, any info on what happens will be greatly appreciated. :-)) so nervous but excited

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Holly774 wrote:I got my call this morning, they offered me tomorrow at 10am, but too short notice for my employers, so I'm there Friday at 8am, any info on what happens will be greatly appreciated. :-)) so nervous but excited
That's great - not sure what info those of us who are going before you can give though as I don't think you're allowed to post stuff like that!

Holly774

Post by Holly774 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Well ill just have to find out for myself lol.. Good luck for you tomorrow hope it all goes well :-))

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Phew! Thank goodness that's over and done with. Good luck to everyone here yet to have their assessment/interview :slsm:

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by brianb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Well done, but what a bizarre thread - it is running like a satellite site off the main one :slhi:

Holly774

Post by Holly774 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:24 pm

debrabwfc wrote:Phew! Thank goodness that's over and done with. Good luck to everyone here yet to have their assessment/interview :slsm:
You make it sound bad! Lol ... Hope it went well for you all I am doing is revising on everything and anything x

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Holly774 wrote:
debrabwfc wrote:Phew! Thank goodness that's over and done with. Good luck to everyone here yet to have their assessment/interview :slsm:
You make it sound bad! Lol ... Hope it went well for you all I am doing is revising on everything and anything x
No don't worry! Its just nice to get it out of the way so no more revising and planning. Good luck for Friday!

Victoria2000

Post by Victoria2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

I have my assessment on Thursday.....can I ask if you did a typing test and how long was the presentation for?

Thanks x

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am

Hi, when I rang up recruitment, they didn't give me any information about the assessment at all. Just wondering how you found this information out? :)

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm

Guest wrote:Hi, when I rang up recruitment, they didn't give me any information about the assessment at all. Just wondering how you found this information out? :)
They didn't give me any info either so what happened was a surprise. Am not sure I like the fact that some people have been able to prepare and others not.

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Please don't think I have got more knowledge than anyone else. Recruitment told me nothing I can assure you but I have spoken to several serving PCSO's and they have all had different experiences with the recruitment process over the last 4-5 years.
One had to do a typing test, another had to do an Egnlish test etc etc so I just wondered if that was what was being asked of candidates on this round of recruitment.
All I have been told by recruitment is that I will be involved with a presentation, a test and an interview.
Hence my question about how long the presentation was expected to be for.
Sorry if I have distressed anyone, but I promise whole heartedly that I have not been given any other details by recruitment.

Thanks
V

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Victoria2000 wrote:Please don't think I have got more knowledge than anyone else. Recruitment told me nothing I can assure you but I have spoken to several serving PCSO's and they have all had different experiences with the recruitment process over the last 4-5 years.
One had to do a typing test, another had to do an Egnlish test etc etc so I just wondered if that was what was being asked of candidates on this round of recruitment.
All I have been told by recruitment is that I will be involved with a presentation, a test and an interview.
Hence my question about how long the presentation was expected to be for.
Sorry if I have distressed anyone, but I promise whole heartedly that I have not been given any other details by recruitment.

Thanks
V
Its just that we weren't given any details at all! I had no idea there would be a presentation, just assessment and interview so I think its a bit out of order of recruitment not to give out this info to everyone as it could give an advantage to one candidate against another. I'm sure you didn't mean to upset anyone by it though.

Victoria2

Post by Victoria2 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Debra,

I totally agree with you about possibly being at a disadvantage but I could not find out anything else from recruitment and trust me I tried lol.
I asked if it was all day when they phoned me and the lady said no just a couple of hours she went on to say you will have to do a presentation then a test then have your interview. I asked what the presentation was on and she said you will find out on the day we are unable to give out any further information.
To be honest though you could say that a special who has applied is at more of an advantage because they will have more hands on experiences to draw on but then again someone else could be much more articulate than them, it is a very hard process as we all know so hopefully it works out fairly in the end.

Charlie
Rookie Member

Post by Charlie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi Victoria,

I was in the same position as Debra, it just feels like some were at more of an advantage than others. I had noooo idea that we had to do a presentation, when I rang recruitment up and tried to get info about the assessment, I was told nothing. All they said was, it may be written! They kept saying, "no further information can be given out until you come in for your assessment" (or something along these lines). Just confused as to why HR are giving out different info to different people, it's not your fault at all, it's theirs.

Anyway, if you've had your assessment, how do you feel it went? Hope it went well :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic