• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

GMP application

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: GMP application

Post by Salford Milkman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Guys,

Wish I'd come across this forum earlier than today!!

Had my assessment last Monday, seemed to go pretty well I'm glad to say. I applied for Cheshire regulars over summer, when I left my final interview I knew I'd cocked up and was just a case of waiting for the rejection letter, so I'm much more hopeful this time.

When I left Sedgley one of the interviewers said I would hear back by this Tuesday at the latest, hoping its sooner rather than later.

Anyway, good luck to everyone. Let us know how you get on

Holly774

Post by Holly774 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Anyone found out yet x

ste4296
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ste4296 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm

No not yet :-!

Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Salford Milkman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:52 pm

The suspense is killing me!

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:49 pm

I've not heard yet either - they are making us sweat!

Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Salford Milkman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Got an email from GMP basically saying they've not finished going through the assessments yet 'due to the high number of applicants' ! Thing is they knew how many we're going to assessment, so why tell us Tuesday and then leave us on tenterhooks all day!

Another sleepless night ahead! Good luck all

Victoria20

Post by Victoria20 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of replies I've been away since Friday in Spain. I too was told we would hear by today and I got an email at 5pm saying they were sorry but there was a delay in providing the results and they'll be in touch as soon as they can.

Soooooo here we are left in limbo again.....oh well fingers crossed for everyone :slroll:

Claire76

Post by Claire76 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello not sure if my previous post has shown up so I may be repeating myself.......
I have attended my interview and assessment on tuesday 6/11/2012 and am awaiting results.
I have logged in this morning to check any updates to find my whole application, communication etc has disappeared so it looks as though I have not even applied for the job!!!
Can anyone else be kind enough to log on to see if it is just mine that has disappeared.......and let me know urgently as I am now very worried
Many thanks

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi Claire,

I've just logged on to the GMP site and checked mine and it just says invited to interview/assessment.
I attended my interview etc last Thursday 8th November but other than the email on Tuesday saying the results are delayed I have not heard anything.

Not sure if that helps you or not, sorry.

V x

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Don't worry. Mine's the same as it was but I have spoken to another person who attended same day as us whose details changed but then went back. I have heard recruitment have told people they don't know when we will be told and we need to just check emails. Its a bit of a farce but eventually they will tell us what's happening, its just no one seems to know how long this will take!

Claire76

Post by Claire76 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you for the help :)
It eventually got sorted (technical issue), login all back up and running, just waiting for the result now, eeeeek.

PopeyeD

Post by PopeyeD » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 am

Has anyone heard anything yet? Let us know beause we are all eager for news on new PCSO appointments! WE NEED FRESH BLOOD!! :slhi:

Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Salford Milkman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Not heard a dickie bird ! I called recruitment on Friday to see what was going on, a very understanding lady told me that they were still working through the assessments and would hopefully let us know at some point this week but she couldn't commit to a deadline.

It's all very frustrating, start date is suppose to be 7th Jan, considering that theres a medical still to come (hopefully!) it will be cutting it fine to give my current employer 4 weeks notice.

Having spoke to a few guys I know in the force already it seems that delays like this in recruitment are par for the course though, so we're not the first to be kept waiting and probably won't be the last!

Fingers crossed for all, let us know if you here anything

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Still nothing! :slna:

RunningH
Rookie Member

Post by RunningH » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi all :-)

I too had an assessment/interview the other week. I can't remember the exact dates she said now, but one of the people who interviewed me told me provisional start dates which were slightly later (not much, maybe a couple of weeks) than those we were told at the information session, so I suspect if the recruitment process continues to take longer than anticipated, they may put the start dates back again.

Also, I heard from a friend, someone she knows who has also gone for this role, phoned up yesterday, and was told we should hear by the end of this week. I guess it will take as long as it takes, better than them rushing it. :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic