• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

GMP application

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: GMP application

Post by Salford Milkman » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Claire76 wrote:Hi all
I too had the application successful email (upon condition), very happy but a little concerned re. the notice period for employers if vetting is not completed quickly, I have advised my employer but told them I will not be handing in notice unless/until I receive an unconditional offer.
Good luck to everybody, fingers crossed for you all, the hard work is done now, I am wondering if they are thinking of taking a further intake on at a later stage.
x

Hi Claire,

Good to hear you've been successful, was almost starting to think that the email I got was some sort of error, with all thats been said on the forum, however recieving the vetting forms yesterday settled my mind too.

I'm having a dilemma with giving notice also, have left messages with recruitment RE a start date but not heard back yet, so I still have no idea what date I should inform my current employer that I'm leaving and I'm worried that a reference request may be emailed to my emloyer before I inform them about it on top of that I now need to try and wrangle a few hours off on Tuesday to hand all this paperwork in.

Having said all that, I suppose these are good problems to have compared to everyone else who has been left in no mans land. I do feel for everyone who hasnt had a definitive answer yet, I know that I too, would be pulling may hair out if I was in your position.

Good luck to everyone, hope it all gets sorted sooner rather than later.

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:29 am

Charlie wrote:They have messed us about from the start,from telling candidates different info about the assessment.

They then told us we would know our outcome by close of business on Tuesday 13th November and now seem to be dragging us along for around 4 weeks!

And if that isn't enough, they are telling some people their results and making others wait around (when we attended on the same date). When I rang up HR yesterday, they specifically said they have not notified ANYONE from this intake whether they were successful or not. Obviously, they lied!! :slwot:

Not only all this but now inviting people who initially FAILED the online assessment to go to the assessment/interview! What was the point in doing it in the first place? And I can only assume from this that should they get a higher mark than we did then they will be offered a job and we won't! This is the police - so far we have been messed around and then lied to. Doesn't give a very good impression does it?

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

If its any consolation to everyone who is disalusioned I am a civilian member of staff within GMP and I love working for them hence applying as a PCSO - I have been treated just the same as you so they are consistent in some areas!
I too am not happy about the different stories people are getting esepically the person who told HR no offers have been made....total lie!!

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 pm

I've decided my application has been written off.....heard today that they are interviewing 100 more candidates next week!!!

Kitch1985

Post by Kitch1985 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:28 pm

I have my assessment next week but find it odd that you don't receive any preparation material ...just don't know what to expect

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:56 am

Victoria2000 wrote:I've decided my application has been written off.....heard today that they are interviewing 100 more candidates next week!!!

I know it stinks doesn't it? None of it makes sense. My son who's a Special Constable was told after the recruitment event he didn't need to make an application for the PCSO job as he'd applied to be a regular earlier this year and passed the assessment but didn't get a high enough score to go through as they were only taking the highest marks. So they told him as he had gone above and beyond what was required to be a PCSO he would go through to the interview stage. He is having his interview next Friday. But they have now told him he has to do the assessment as well even though they originally told him he didn't have to! But what I don't understand is why he is only having his interview next week when they have known all along he was going for the position. This tells me the situation we are now in must have been planned all along. But I feel the same as you - I feel they are just leaving us dangling until they eventually tell us they don't want us!

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm

I've had my thanks but no thanks email but I was expecting it to be honest after they way they have faffed about..............has everyone else heard? Well done to those who have got through and comisserations to those like me who didn't. :slna:

Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Salford Milkman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Victoria,

Gutting news for you, from reading through here it does sound like recruitment have been quite cloak and dagger about the whole affair, it's bizarre, considering that 'honesty and integrity' is what the force is built on and more than that, it's messing with people's lives.

I've got my medical in the morning and should have (if I pass) an unconditional offer by close of business Friday. Keeping fingers crossed.

Like you said though, commiserations to those who didn't make it, those who did, hope to see you in Jan.

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Salford Milkman,

Good luck for your medical and fingers crossed for you. I should be used to how they can be I've worked there long enough lol. Don't be put off at all though, I love my job and the people I work with I honestly love going to work I applied as a PCSO because I wanted to work full time and for more security as I have seperated from my husband. You'll love it, its a great place to work x

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Victoria2000 wrote:Hi Salford Milkman,

Good luck for your medical and fingers crossed for you. I should be used to how they can be I've worked there long enough lol. Don't be put off at all though, I love my job and the people I work with I honestly love going to work I applied as a PCSO because I wanted to work full time and for more security as I have seperated from my husband. You'll love it, its a great place to work x

Same as you Victoria - gutting and extremely disappointing the way they have handled this recruitment process

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 pm

My son got through by the way but is now in a dilemma as to whether he wants to give up his role as Special Sergeant! Oh to have the choice!!

RunningH
Rookie Member

Post by RunningH » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:18 am

Is anyone here due to start on 11th March?

RunningH
Rookie Member

Post by RunningH » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Has anyone here got through who'll be on the March intake for GMP?

Ames87

Post by Ames87 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:30 am

RunningH wrote:Has anyone here got through who'll be on the March intake for GMP?
RunningH I'm in the march intake! what division are you going to be based?

RunningH
Rookie Member

Post by RunningH » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Ames87 - I'm G, what about you?

Ps - see you in a couple of weeks! :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic