• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

application cease for met police

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
danny83

application cease for met police

Post by danny83 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 am

Hi guys applied as a pcso for the met police a while ago.had passed me assesment.so bin waiting for me 1 day assesment and then recieved an email to say theres delays,obv cos of the olympics.said are here from them by end of oct.had a letter comer through today saying

as a recent review of the mps budgetary position and recruitment plans for this year and beyond,the recruitment requirements is now significally reduced,unfortunetley there is no longer a requirement for any further pcso recruitment.

in view of this,all further processing of your application will now cease.a record of your applicationwill be held on file for a maximum period of 12 months.if the recruitment situation changes during that time we will be in contact with you.

so does that mean everyone who has had there day 1 assesment or there fitness tests wont get in and when or if situation arises again will they b first inline.

gutted i recieved this letter was so looking forward to it.

Re: application cease for met police

Post by guest » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:19 pm

You would have to re-apply, but your chances would be no better than that of a new applicant. You would have been offered 3 alternate positions to apply for when you were told of the termination of your application. I'm not sure whether they will transfer your day1 or 2 assessments over if it is within the first year of you first applying. With the alternate jobs only the application process was transferable. Those options were only open up and til October 4th.

danny83

Post by danny83 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:42 am

no mention of other roles mate

Post by guest » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am

Got DDO day 1 assessment date of alternate role
s offered. So start again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic