• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Met communication officer recruitment

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
mcb88
Registered Member
Registered Member

Met communication officer recruitment

Post by mcb88 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi,

Just thought I wonder if anyone can help. I applied for PCSO this year and passed my day 1. After the phone call to explain my application was cancelled due to budget cuts I was offered a few options. One being Communication Officer. So I went for this, I have now passed my comms test and medical and awaiting vetting. We have been told we are due to start after March 2013. Today the Met have announced 3500 staff jobs cuts there any chance this will affect my application? Is it likely they will scrap the recruitment. I have heard they are crying out for comms officers.

Thanks

PopeyeD

Re: Met communication officer recruitment

Post by PopeyeD » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 am

They are crying out for comms officers. But they have a history of doing 12 hour shifts. 12 hour shifts are quite a hike but you get more days off. One thing is for sure - once you have done Comms Officer for a couple of years you will be mightily prepared for PCSO, GOOD LUCK :slch2: !

mcb88
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by mcb88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for your reply. The long shifts and shift work don't bother me. I would just be happy to be part of the police force. With the announcement of these new cuts and staff losses. Is it likely they will cut comms officer recruitment when they are crying out for more staff?

Thanks

PopeyeD

Post by PopeyeD » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Fairly unlikely but the vacancies you speak of have disappeared off http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/index.html Keep checking other forces e.g. https://www.btprecruitment.com/

mcb88
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by mcb88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 pm

I am hoping they don't cut comms recruitment. I can't see how they would if they are desperate for staff. They have said we are not due to start till march 2013, so I guess I have to wait.

Thanks again

PopeyeD

Post by PopeyeD » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 am

March 2013 ok :slred: but which Comms Centre would you go for, Lambeth, Bow or Hendon? or do they tell you which you are at? Is it still just the 3 Comms Centres? How long is the training?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic