• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Interview Advice

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
Romeo-Yankee
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Romeo-Yankee » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:36 pm

You are very welcome and good luck. I hope it works out for you.

I am out to face the public on Monday morning so maybe I could do with some luck too :shock: Been either in the safety of Hendon for 4 weeks or in the Police Station I work from doing more training stuff for the past week. First time out on the street will be a bit daunting.
Don't worry be happy. :-)

Martin

fraz
Rookie Member

Post by fraz » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:57 pm

Hi martin

how did your first day out with the public go? hope all went well for you.

Passed my interview, found out yesterday. Now got to go for a medical on tuesday. Can anyone tell me what to expect at the medical?

Thanx Fraz :D

Romeo-Yankee
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Romeo-Yankee » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:14 pm

Hi Fraz,

First day out in the big wide world went really well although nothing major has happened yet. I'm sure something will at some point, but it's early days I guess.

The medical might be different in your part of the country but for the MET it was pretty straight forward. A hearing text, eye test (with and without your glasses if you wear them) and then a breath test. The breath test was to see how good your lung capacity is. It's quite simple and not too much to worry about.

Well done on getting through the interview. I'm sure you'll get there.

Cheers,

Martin.

dantheman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dantheman » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:37 pm

Martin, how's it's going on borough? (which are you at)
I'm half way through Hendon and am looking forward to getting out there and also want to know what station I'll be at.
I can't say I'm looking forward to issuing FPN's though, long winded!!!!
MET PCSO +
PC Start Date: Feb 2006

Romeo-Yankee
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Romeo-Yankee » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:43 pm

Hi Dan,

I am on Bexley Borough and it is going really well. I am starting as part of a ward next week. 4 PCSOs, 4 PCs and a Sargent. It's a new one so we are all in the dark a bit. Should be a challenge.

I wish you luck with your training and hope you get posted where you want to. I wonder who is teaching you. Not Jo Cowlishaw by any chance? She is really nice and it's her first class as she was in our class last month learning the ropes with our teacher.

FPNs. YUK!!! I agree. Nasty !!! :x

Cheers,

Martin.
Last edited by Romeo-Yankee on Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fraz
Rookie Member

Post by fraz » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:14 pm

Thanx martin I was a bit worried as I've partially torn my cartilage in my knee and thought that might affect the medical. One less thing to worry about now.

Cheers, Fraz

Romeo-Yankee
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Romeo-Yankee » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:20 pm

You are welcome Fraz. Please don't quote me just in case it is different where you are but I am sure you'll be fine. They may also ask you if you have any problems with your health when you start the officer safety training. (Self defense etc) Things like back problems etc that may make it more difficult for you. It all depends how they go about the training as everyone does it different I imagine.
Don't worry be happy. :-)

Martin

dizzy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dizzy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:45 am

I remember being asked what I thought the job description of a PCSO was , and what i thought i would be doing on a day to day basis!!

ali137
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ali137 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:05 pm

PCSO Interview advice from ali137 for fellow forum memebrs

DAY 2
Ok the Mediacal and fitness test for HENDON:

Note: all the result for the whole day is given on the day.

Medical test:

Hearing, eyesight, weight, heightt and urine is checked.

Drugs misuse test:

You are not allowed to eat or drink half an hour before the test
A swob test is taken (you put this thing in your mouth to gather saliva, and when this thing turns blue, the man or the lady will put it into a machine and you have to wait 12 minute for the test result.

Fitness test:

Running from one end to the other (15 meters) for 3 minutes and 40 seconds in line with the bleebs. Best advice take your time, dont over do it in the warm up running. Take deep breath while running if you need to.

Pulling and pusing test on the Dyno Machine:

Pull 34 KG avarage
Push 34KG avarage.

Best advice train in the gym with the rowing machine, and push weights of 34KG with any weight pushing machine.
Last edited by ali137 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nottac
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nottac » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:04 pm

I would be very careful doing anything like this. If you do make sure that you ask the permission of the interviewer. In my recent Police Officer assessment centre we were told that anyone found with any recording equipment, mobiles etc will be asked to leave the assessment centre.

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:40 pm

Take a note pad in with you with a few pointers and questions. If you get the job you will have to use a PNB.
I did this in my interview and it went down very well. I was told "you looked as thoe you were prepared which is always a good thing"
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

ali137
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ali137 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:39 am

nottac wrote:I would be very careful doing anything like this. If you do make sure that you ask the permission of the interviewer. In my recent Police Officer assessment centre we were told that anyone found with any recording equipment, mobiles etc will be asked to leave the assessment centre.

True, i edited my post.

Official Member
Official Member

Post by 7133 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:20 pm

Don't do this..

Panel. So why do you want to be a PCSO?

You. Well, I want to beat people up and get paid for it.

Panel. Oh very good! What do you think the role of a PCSO involves?

You. You know, sitting around in the caff drinking tea. Having a fight now and then...

Panel. Do you know what powers are available to PCSO's?

You. Well it's like being a policeman, innit!

Panel. Almost... but not quite. How would you deal with a hostile person who is shouting at you in the street?

You. Hmm. Well, I'll have a baton to hit them with, so i'll go for that that option... especially if they look shifty.

Panel. When have you accomodated for someone who has different beliefs or background to yourself. What did you do?

You. I went for a curry once. I usually go for a Chinese takeaway but I thought that I would sample new cultures.

You get the jist... :wink:
Krrrriiingggg. I believe this knife is yours!

batjonesy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by batjonesy » Tue May 09, 2006 6:59 pm

In my experience, if you can evidence the fact that you have researched the job (spoken to PCSOs) and also researched the force strategy re its community issues as well as the area you will work in if you know it, you will do well. Best of BAT-Luck.

P.C.S.O FOAD
Official Member
Official Member

Post by P.C.S.O FOAD » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:47 pm

When have you accomodated for someone who has different beliefs or background to yourself. What did you do?

I still dont fully understand this question :x the response i put on my met form got below standard marks and deemed "fictious"???

still passed it due to the high marks of the other section.

but i still DONT understand what this question means!!!!
April 15th 2006 Sent application online
May 15th 2006 : Passed Paper Sift
June 15th 2006 : Day One Assesement.
July 1st 2006 : Passed Day One
July 27th 2006: Day Two - PASSED
August 10th 2006: Vetting Clear
September 4th 2006: Training Start

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic