• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Polishing boots

Police equipment and gear in here please!
aws
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Polishing boots

Post by aws » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 pm

I travel to work in mine as it is easier than having to carry them home to clean etc.
With the weather as bad as it is at the moment I am tending to polish as often as I can so as to reduce the risk of salt lines etc appearing on the boot .
Leave them in a warm room not too near a heat source to dry out and then apply polish and buff as normal,this will keep the leather protected from the rain or snow or whatever comes down!! and keep your feet nice and dry :slwo:
LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL - IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL GET

Mr1988
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Mr1988 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:29 pm

I start in March so hopefully I can still comment on this thread :D... I’m also an ex marine in training so polishing boots is a must!

If you think polishing your boots every night for 5-10 minutes is hard... try spending a whole night polishing the toecap on your parade boots... to only be scuffed on parade the next day... heartbreaking (I found myself paying more attention to not scuffing my boots than orders being barked at me lol!)

I think it just gives people a clear picture what your about... shiny boots... squared away!

I've seen some rather scruffy PCSO's... I think personal appearance is paramount!

Olly
Uniform fitting: Monday 16th February, 2009
Induction night: Monday 2nd March, 2009
8 week training course start date: Monday 16th March, 2009

CMTsgt
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by CMTsgt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:53 pm

I have smiled at the way that all you other PCSOs out there clean your boots,
some use polish, some Spray them, others use some other way.

The main theme is that, In what ever way you polish your boots, You all make an effort in looking smart which can only bring pride on yourself and the Force you work for. well done. :slcup:

Now looking for the wife to get her to polish my boots :slroll:
Lifes a bitch you marry get divorced and marry again

spider86
Official Member
Official Member

Post by spider86 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:01 pm

You will find that water, mud, dirt will actually stick to your boots less if you keep them polished.
PCSO West Yorkshire Police

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic