Coppers - Channel 4 tonight...

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Felony
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Coppers - Channel 4 tonight...

Post by Felony » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:06 am

Beautiful Medway :slluv:
FELONY :: NO LONGER PART OF THE OF THE PCSO WORLD
[ATTENTION - DRY SARCASM MAY BE EXPERIENCED]
[ external image ]

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:33 am

I had taped a few episodes and watched a bit of the traffic one today. Less than 15 mins in I switched off and erased it and the others. I found it incredibly boring. It was not very informative, it had too much dialogue between officers and watching overweight PCs eat chips, Haribo, greasy KFC chicken and picking their noses whilst abusing each other is just not my cup of tea.

The programme "Traffic Cops" is so much better.

tnpmonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by tnpmonkey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 pm

just shows how bad Britain has become, how uneducated most people are these days and how people are so god damn lazy they want other people to sort everything out for them.

I don't think that if you know your being filmed then as a Police Officer you should be driving, drinking out of a can, spilling it on himself and the like.

Most of the crap that went on there should not have been Police matter, just like the control lady said, we go to everything now when we should not.

But then the Police are a soft touch, if it were me, I would fine every single one of those callers which are not an emergency. Simple.

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:12 pm

I think the series is funny as it shows the 'Normal and Unabridged' daily grind to JO public but since when did a force in this country change female hats to male hats, I don't agree with this, if it aint broke dont fix it, the hats are the way they are for a reason, another CC who thinks they can 'break the mold' for the sake of making the statement of " It should not matter what hat they are wearing as they are officers reagrdless of being male or female' i dont buy that, what next female officers with custodial helmets on. I THINK NOT! I am NOT, reeat NOT sexist or any other 'ist' but I would like to see traditonal uniform kept as it shuld be.
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

Big Brother
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Big Brother » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:20 pm

I don't know why people are deriding it, if it shows joe public the sheer scale of crap we have to deal with day in and day out maybe they'll appreciate us more.....
Big brother is watching you.

Felony
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Felony » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:12 pm

PI & GI wrote:but since when did a force in this country change female hats to male hats, I don't agree with this, if it aint broke dont fix it, the hats are the way they are for a reason, another CC who thinks they can 'break the mold' for the sake of making the statement of " It should not matter what hat they are wearing as they are officers reagrdless of being male or female' i dont buy that, what next female officers with custodial helmets on. I THINK NOT! I am NOT, reeat NOT sexist or any other 'ist' but I would like to see traditonal uniform kept as it shuld be.

That wasn't our current CC - a load of female officers complained about their hats and they were "authorised" to trial the male version. The trial was deemed "successful" and now female officers are allowed to "wear whichever one they prefer" which in my opinion is "complete bulls***" :sltgu:

I only know ONE Kent PC that wears her bowler... :slrog:

IMHO I hate it - sick and tired of the whole "women are equal to men" crap that goes on - there is nothing wrong with difference!

I fully agree that tradtion should remain... it's bad enough that you can't say "WPC" anymore - it's great fun when you've got 2 coppers married to each other and both are called "PC" :slroll:

/off topic

on topic/
[ external image ]

Hicks23
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Hicks23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:12 pm

If women are equal to men then why can't men wear stud earrings and get a year off when they have a child? :slbell:

Felony
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Felony » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Hicks23 wrote:If women are equal to men then why can't men wear stud earrings and get a year off when they have a child? :slbell:
Hear, hear!
[ external image ]

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 pm

You can also have the joy of carrying the baby inside your body for 9months only at the end to have to SQUEEZE it out through a tiny orifice. It really is a hoot :slwoot:

Big-Si
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Big-Si » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:59 pm

Felony wrote:
That wasn't our current CC - a load of female officers complained about their hats and they were "authorised" to trial the male version. The trial was deemed "successful" and now female officers are allowed to "wear whichever one they prefer" which in my opinion is "complete bulls***" :sltgu:

I only know ONE Kent PC that wears her bowler... :slrog:

IMHO I hate it - sick and tired of the whole "women are equal to men" crap that goes on - there is nothing wrong with difference!

I fully agree that tradtion should remain... it's bad enough that you can't say "WPC" anymore - it's great fun when you've got 2 coppers married to each other and both are called "PC" :slroll:

/off topic

on topic/
To be honest they shouldn't be allowed out of the kitchen / bedroom, let alone the house. I mean delicate little things worrying their pretty little heads about men's work

I was being sarcastic in case it was missed. I don't really mean it lol
Ex PCSO

Felony
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Felony » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Gualsa wrote:You can also have the joy of carrying the baby inside your body for 9months only at the end to have to SQUEEZE it out through a tiny orifice. It really is a hoot :slwoot:
Fair point, but having children is a choice.

(Don't get me started on people who complain about childcare issues...)
[ external image ]

Minx
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Minx » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Hicks23 wrote:If women are equal to men then why can't men wear stud earrings and get a year off when they have a child? :slbell:
any bloke who has a child would deserve a year off! :slwoot:
Minx

steven
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by steven » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:13 pm

I go to work for a rest!!!
A dream is a goal without a plan.

PCSO Mickyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member