• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

have you even seen your register of hospitality?

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

have you even seen your register of hospitality?

Post by falkor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:02 am

A CAKE from Tycoch Women’s Institute is among the tasty treats given to South Wales Police officers.

The cake — whether sponge or fruit was not disclosed — was given to an unnamed detective constable following a talk about credit card fraud given to WI members by the officer

The gift is one of a number of edible gifts detailed in the force’s register of hospitality.

Also on the list is a box of Dairy Milk chocolates given to staff at Cardiff Bay police station by students who had been on work experience, a selection of biscuits given to officers who had helped the family of a missing person, a bacon sandwich given to an officer who was on duty at the Nato conference earlier this year, and a pack of Ritz biscuits given to a PCSO.

The list of gifts also includes items that were given to police to hand out at community events, including two boxers of crisps from Treharris petrol station and 20 packs of Starburst sweets from Treharris Co-op for youngsters taking part in a football tournament.

Among the non-edible gifts recorded in the register was a bucket of 225 anti-bacterial wipes given by Care Wipes for use in Merthyr custody suite, a Hindu robe and small stature of an elephant god given to a PCSO following a visit to a temple, and a knitted Kindle e-reader case in a shape of an owl given as a thank you to another community support officer.

A number of bouquets of flowers were also recorded as gifts from members of the the public for officers and PCSOs.

Among the more expensive gifts listed was a trip to the Wales versus Scotland Six Nations rugby game in Cardiff in March for chief constable Peter Vaughan.

:slead: so, have you even seen your register of hospitality? how have gratuities been handled in your neck of the woods? :sloop:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: have you even seen your register of hospitality?

Post by powdermonkey » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Oh sugar . . . .there go my free coffee from McDonalds (the only reason to go there apart from the toilets), the odd samosa with my curry, the hot drink from a neighbour on scene guards and the free can of pop with my kebab!

Hey, I might be corrupt but at least I'm cheap.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:10 pm

well corrupt is a little Harsh PM I doubt that of you BUT......

Four city centre licensing officers have been moved out of the unit into other jobs, the M.E.N. can reveal - after they were found behaving ‘unethically’.
The veteran police officers had been asking for favours from Manchester venues, such as access to ‘sold out’ gig tickets they would not otherwise have been able to get. After getting them, they were not declaring them on the force’s gifts and hospitality register.

A two-month police professional standards investigation found they had not acted illegally - or that they required formal disciplining - but they were still deemed to have broken the force’s ethical code of conduct.

The officers were told on Friday that they were being moved from licensing into the division’s response unit as a result of the findings.

Nick Adderley, chief superintendent for Greater Manchester Police’s northern division, said: “We have high standards, including the code of ethics, and I’m saying I will not tolerate any officer or member of staff who breaches that code of ethics.”

It is understood the practice came to light as part of a separate investigation, which unexpectedly opened up an email trail suggesting officers had been seeking .......
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:23 am

I was being flippant, I admit. There's a new take away opened on my area and I went in to get a burger. The owner was very insistent that he wouldn't charge me and I was equally insistent that he would. It was less than a fiver but I felt uncomfortable taking a free meal. I paid in full, but I might not go back there as I don't want the hassle.

I'm very sensitive to this getting freebies, I've heard of people getting into bother over relatively cheap things. I know of people who'll go to a certain kebab shop frequently, time after time, because they know they'll get a freebie/discount. I know of one PCSO who, knowing McDonalds will give us free coffee, gets a toffee latte and cream concoction. I mentioned to him that it was good manners to only ask for a basic coffee. I tried to do it in a joking manner because, although it was cheeky of him, it's still only coffee. The message wasn't received, unfortunately. Will I report him? No chance, not for that. I'll let the cholesterol do its evil work over time . . . . .
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic