FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

lonerider
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Post by lonerider » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:22 am

On my jumper I have Police Community Support Officer not Police Staff

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Older members do and it was on the same blue as your tie almost now it is a much darker blue with police staff on so all uniformed staff can where them without the need to have several different badged ones, cost cutting and making more jobs duel PCSO and current role
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:04 pm

i use my warrant card on the metro system in newcastle, the operators nexus encourage it, for obvious reasons.

im just wondering, what transport systems are PCs allowed to use for free with their warrant cards, does it cover mainline city to city trains? nothing like saving a few bucks
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:19 pm

as far as I know it is the Met only they get all buses in London tubes Docklands light railway and the Croydon tram network free they also get free rail travel up to 70 miles from London but pay beyond that on most train lines though I have been told Virgin rail do not give any free travel to them

If anyone knows better they will correct me

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

Billy-Bob
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Billy-Bob » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Virgin do. One of my team comes from Milton Keynes to Euston each day on the Virgin network and travels free.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Cheers Billy-bob it is just my Skipper was told by a PC he could not but if thats the case I'll let him know Monday

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:33 pm

Virgin only give to PC's , NOT SC,PCSO!, of the Met and City . Virgin won't stand for you travelling in 1st either, full stop, we've had it briefed out to us.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 pm

Some virgin train jobsworths also demand to see police officers warrant cards when travelling in full uniform...

I deliberately avoid travelling on virgin trains full stop .. in my view if they want to be like that with police officers on duty policing the railways then i've no time for them at all.
PC

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:47 am

is this just in the metropolitan area, or nationwide?
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:35 pm

Spot on posts Baron - I agree, and think you've expressed yourself better than many on this topic (me included)
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Billy-Bob wrote:Virgin do. One of my team comes from Milton Keynes to Euston each day on the Virgin network and travels free.

No they are inside the Mets 70 mile catchment which is from Charing X to MK ( the cut off )!. So it's not free per se but is a concession. :slcool:
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

Rossellmac
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Rossellmac » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:04 pm

baronsmirnoff wrote:
P.S. no need to ridicule the size of our badges, size isnt everything

Sorry???? Have you been issued you uniform, if you have you will see on your Met vest, jumpers Hi-Viz a SMALL badge on the left front (this badge is the same size if you are Police or PCSO) on the back of your Hi-Viz you will have a LARGE badge what is there of a ridicule nature in that

i was joking by the way :slroll:
Met Assessment passed 4th April 2008
Medical Passed 7th May 2008
Vetting Passed 13th June 2008
posted to Newham Borough
Working in lovely Plaistow South at present

::Dance like no ones watching you::

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:57 pm

Rossellmac wrote:i just wanna say, the word STAFF is used for pcso's yes, however we are still police officers, maybe not police constables but officers,

Sorry, can't let that one go - you are not a Police Officer. If it makes you feel more important calling yourself that, then that's sad. If you insist that you are a Police Officer, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and join up.

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:17 pm

THFC wrote:
Rossellmac wrote:i just wanna say, the word STAFF is used for pcso's yes, however we are still police officers, maybe not police constables but officers,

Sorry, can't let that one go - you are not a Police Officer. If it makes you feel more important calling yourself that, then that's sad. If you insist that you are a Police Officer, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and join up.

seconded.. you are not a police officer... always said this always will .
PC

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:34 am

This is a statement from people who are losing the debate
It is not always posible to 'join up' until recently mos forces had no direct recruiting and you had to become a member of staff for a year to be able to apply Rossellmac has not been in a year therefore can not 'join up'

If like me you think we should not have free travel state your reason do not just say 'join up'

Please and thank you

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic