FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Re: FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Post by ruben » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:05 am

it is stupid for a PCSO to call themself a police officer! how on earth can somebody come to that conclusion? anybody that isnt employed as a police constable is regarded as a member of police staff. as jimbo has said, their are several laws which use the term police officer, which refers to constables, certainly not PCSOs, they have their own laws.
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:00 am

Well i'm listed as a a PCSO.
Was a SC.
Went to PC.
Went to PCSO.
Going to PC. as have passed the assessment for BTP so should start in Oct / Dec ! Thata reminds me must start nicking people and have to remember not to let them go after 1/2 hour... :slwoot: :sldv:
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

Granty
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Granty » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Can a PCSO introduce themselves as 'officer smith' or would it have to be 'community support officer smith?'

The static guarding work i'm doing at the moment is just simple security guarding, but all my duty logs say 'officer name' etc. on them, and the company handbook i've got states that my job title is 'Security Officer' so it seems silly that there's all this confusion about the 'officer' title when security guards are actively encouraged to use it.

Also, what about SOCA Officers, they introduce themselves as 'Officer,' are they technically Police Constables though?

I MUST HAVE ANSWERS! :slead: lol

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 pm

There is no confusion about the "officer" title.

Any confusion has been caused by someone stating that a Community Support Officer is a Police Officer.

Rossellmac
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Rossellmac » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:58 pm

just to start i find it quite insulting for someone to say my views are "DELUDED", some poeple on here are too quick to shove thier ideas down peoples throats like i am personally insulting them by making a comment about pcso's being officers, second to that, with regards to joining as a police officer, i tried 5 times but due to a large tattoo on my arm i was told i could be a pcso for 18 months then become a pc. i do want to be a pc but iv got to wait. maybe i didnt make it too clear in an earlier statement, i agree we are not police officers, and maybe i worded what i said wrong, however we do work for the police, and we are officers, and please dont take me saying that as disagreeing with you, cos really..........im not :slsm:
Met Assessment passed 4th April 2008
Medical Passed 7th May 2008
Vetting Passed 13th June 2008
posted to Newham Borough
Working in lovely Plaistow South at present

::Dance like no ones watching you::

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Rossellmac, it is "personally insulting" to say that a CSO is a Police Officer that's why you got the reaction you did.

Just out of interest, if you have tried to get in five times, did the issue of your tattoo not crop up the first time you applied?
Last edited by THFC on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 pm

you didnt say that PCSOs are 'officers', that wouldnt have been an issue because they clearly are, its in the job title. its when you said pcso's are police officers, thats what has caused the rift.
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:07 pm

"personally insulting"

You can only believe this if you feel that PCSO are beneath you not equal, so much for diversity, do you also feel that is "personally insulting" to you to use the P in the title rather than calling us CSO's I know CSO is an official title for us but this site is entitled PCSO.COM
I respect you right to post on here but why waste you time with us low life have you nothing better to do

Sorry Falkor or any Moderator if you feel this out of line

Finally lets get back to the topic of Free Travel which was several pages ago the purpose of this thread and before anyone else says it I am as guilty as the next for not sticking to it
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Oh baron, change the record please. I have used PCSO, CSO and may others use the same abbreviation including CSOs. If CSO is your "official" title, why do you object to it's use? It only seems to be a problem when a Police Officer uses it.

I also do not see how you get idea I think that CSOs are "beneath" me. I never said that, I just don't like my job being mis-represented as something it is not.

Granty
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Granty » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 am

Christ, it appears to have descended into a slagging match on this thread...

Rossellmac
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Rossellmac » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:50 pm

lol, erm yeh ok.....i tried to get into essex and kent five times and was rejected by them for my tatoos, i then applied to the met who said they would take me as a police constable after 18 months of being a pcso, and lets just forget the whole title thing cos its getting too personal, if it offends poeple that much than apologies for starting it off.
posted to Newham Borough

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Apology accepted.

Rossellmac
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Rossellmac » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:01 pm

:slhi:
posted to Newham Borough

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Rosselmac, have you tried appealing against the met with the tattoos?

I only ask as a friend of mine applied, was accepted then knocked back on his tats. I made a couple of calls querying it, and they apologised and offered him the job again.

It's always worth it, what's the worst that could happen?
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

Rossellmac
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Rossellmac » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 pm

i didnt bother cos i just thought i would get the 18 months out the way and startt as a pc then, but i'll look into it cheers :slhi:
posted to Newham Borough

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic