FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Post by Gforceuk » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:38 am

baronsmirnoff wrote:
Sorry, can't let that one go - you are not a Police Officer. If it makes you feel more important calling yourself that, then that's sad. If you insist that you are a Police Officer, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and join up.

This is a statement from people who are losing the debate
It is not always posible to 'join up' until recently mos forces had no direct recruiting and you had to become a member of staff for a year to be able to apply Rossellmac has not been in a year therefore can not 'join up'

If like me you think we should not have free travel state your reason do not just say 'join up'

Please and thank you

no it isnt baron ... its a post from someone who read an incorrect comment. nothing to do with losing an argument.

I've stated why you should not get free travel.
PC

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 am

baronsmirnoff wrote:This is a statement from people who are losing the debate

No - it is statement of fact. A CSO is just that, not a Police Officer and when I suggested that the poster join up, it was nothing to do with free travel.

If you had read the thread you would see that I have already given my views on the topic.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 pm

It might be fact to you but it is not a simple thing to do if you read my post, even more so now in the Met if you are a PCSO in the Met and want to be a PC not only have you have to pass your day one and two you have to wait for the Met to recruit and train a PCSO to replace you so 'Join up' is not an answer, and I have reread your post on this tread and I see no reason you have given except where do you draw the line on other work forces having or not having free travel, I am not in favour of free travel either but I do not tell people who are in favour to do some thing most of them are trying to do any way
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:02 pm

You seem to be confused about my post baron - I took exception to Rossellmac's post which stated that a CSO is a Police Officer. Even taking into account that Rossellmac is just in the door and has not even done the job yet as he is still at Hendon, I would have thought by now that most people on this site know that a CSO is not a Police Officer.

I have also made more than one post on this thread, please read them all.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:16 pm

I totally agree with you about being police staff not officers see my 2nd post on page 2 but telling people who think otherwise to do the impossible is not a sign of a valid answer to the question should we have free travel which the thread is about. Fundamentally I agree with you on both counts that

1 We should not get free travel

2 We are staff not officers

It is just on so many threads POLICE OFFICERs end up saying if you do not like it become a police office and as I have said before this is not always an option, in my opinion it comes from people who can not put a logical answer to the problem you obviously disagree there would be no point in the forum if we all agreed with each other

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:18 pm

baronsmirnoff wrote:I totally agree with you about being police staff not officers see my 2nd post on page 2 but telling people who think otherwise to do the impossible is not a sign of a valid answer to the question should we have free travel which the thread is about.

baron, I do not know how to make this any clearer - my point about a CSO not being a Police Officer was nothing to do with the question of free travel and only related to the deluded thoughts of Rossellmac.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Your point is very clear read my last your post on page 3 say if you want to call yourself 'officer' join up, and I have said it is not always an option, you seem to be making an argument out of an agreement on the main point we are not officers

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:03 pm

baronsmirnoff wrote:Your point is very clear read my last your post on page 3 say if you want to call yourself 'officer' join up, and I have said it is not always an option, you seem to be making an argument out of an agreement on the main point we are not officers

then people shouldnt call themselves police officers....
PC

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:17 pm

No they should no but you are always going to get a few who do because they take their title literally because it says Police at the beginning and Officer at the end.
We all have different titles for things that others do not agree with are we PCSOs CSO Police Officer Police staff Civil Staff or a waste of money, you, me, THFC, Rossellmac and the Daily Mail will each chose our own I say I am a PCSO/Police Staff the Daily Mail says I'm a waste of money that’s life I'll live with it

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:24 pm

then surely its ok to point out peoples mistakes such as this and kick it into touch before it gets common practice for them... and not for them to be told to be quiet just because some people dont like to be told facts ;)
PC

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:27 pm

Yes and I've never said it was not all I said do not keep saying as on so many threads if you do not like it join up, for the reasons I've stated

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:42 pm

I never said if you don't like it, join up.

I said if you want to be called Police Officer, join up.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Yes thats what I said you said 3 post back the if you don't like it refers as stated to other threads lets not split hairs over this as well

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:48 pm

If you don't mind me saying so, your posts are quite hard to read.

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 am

Oh wow... now I am lost.

Please someone reassure me that this has not gone to the same conversation about PCSOs reckoning they are Police Officers, because of a technicality in their title.

In law, Police Officers are those that are Constables.

The offence of impersonating us, is "Impersonating a Police Officer," NOT a constable.

Our warrant cards say "Police Officer."

It is a designated term, fixed in law - and refers (as per the blurb on the warrant card that gives me my powers) to the person holding the "Office of Constable."
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic