• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos

Post by baronsmirnoff » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Sorry JHC & Jimbo maybe I should have said the article was about the Met

50% tax seems a lot also the article states Police community support officers and traffic wardens are entitled to free bus travel while on duty. We get it off duty as well
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 pm

JCH wrote:
baronsmirnoff wrote:No it is only Met officers who get free travel

Police Officers in the West Midlands get free rail, bus and metro travel on or off duty..

Thats irrelevant to the arguement soley on the fact that its a local agreement with the travel companies and no money is changing hands at all .
PC

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:13 am

baronsmirnoff wrote:Sorry JHC & Jimbo maybe I should have said the article was about the Met

50% tax seems a lot also the article states Police community support officers and traffic wardens are entitled to free bus travel while on duty. We get it off duty as well

You're right, my mistake. Sorry mate!
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 pm

New changes have been made to the Free Bus Travel scheme to incorporate Transport for London rail services. This benefit only applies to police officers and PCSOs. Special Constables and other police staff are not permitted to use this scheme.

The introduction of Transport for London concessions allows for police officers, on production of a Warrant Card, to travel for free on the following TFL services:
  • TFL Bus
  • London Underground
  • TFL Tram Services
  • Docklands Light Railway
  • London Overground trains operating in London Boroughs.
This is in addition to the current free travel on Stagecoach, Metrobus, Arriva and Abellio buses for police officers and uniformed, on-duty PCSOs. It is important to remember that when travelling for free there is an expectation that officers should be available to assist members of the public if needed.
just seen the above come out on General Orders - any MET PCSOs to comment? :slch2:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic