• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Ten years on the beat for the ‘heart of Ryburn’

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Ten years on the beat for the ‘heart of Ryburn’

Post by falkor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:57 am

[ external image ]
Halifax Courier 3 SEP 2014
“I would like to become a Police Constable one day. It’s one of my life ambitions really. I have tried in the past and I will try again.

“At the moment I enjoy what I’m doing. I really enjoy the area where I work and the job that I do.

“I still think I’ve got a lot more to give.”

As well as providing a highly visible and reassuring presence on the streets of Ryburn during routine patrols, PCSO Serban has been involved in countless extra activities including visiting local schools to give road safety talks and helped Beechwood Tenants and Residents Organisation obtain a grant to run and sustain a youth club to tackle concerns about anti-social behaviour in the area.

Susan Merry, chairman of the residents’ organisation, said: “We work with the local police in the local community and George has been outstanding with the work that he has put in.

“People know that they can trust him. We feel safer with him being here.”

PCSO Serban, who tutors new PCSOs when they first join the force, has also helped to set up a community garden in Sowerby.

“I’ve always looked to go above and beyond what is expected of me,” said PCSO Serban, who is a father-of-three.

“Being out and about and patrolling the local area is of course an important part of the job of a PCSO but it also allows me to be able to play a really significant role in subtle things that can help make a real difference.”

PCSO Serban’s work was recognised in 2012 when he was awarded a prestigious Divisional Commander’s award for exceptional service, dedication and commitment.

The District Commander for Calderdale, Chief Superintendent Angela Williams, praised the PCSO’s dedication to the community.
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Ten years on the beat for the ‘heart of Ryburn’

Post by powdermonkey » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:28 pm

I know this chap from some years ago when I was working in Halifax & he's a very nice fellow.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic