- by 7133 Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:44 pm can I go picking wild flowers in the woods? View the latest post Replies 5 Views 541
- by AdamHick Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:04 pm roll call - COFFEE TIME! View the latest post Replies 149 Views 54675
- by falkor Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:09 pm TOP 50 members across 2016 View the latest post Replies 1 Views 363
- by lilly5 Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm eyesight requirements- confusion? View the latest post Replies 6 Views 684
- by powdermonkey Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:04 pm Britain has voted to leave the European Union View the latest post Replies 4 Views 691
- by JimmyRiddle Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:13 am Motorway Patrol UK View the latest post Replies 2 Views 736
- by Pedge Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:16 pm PCSO videos only!! View the latest post Replies 63 Views 9034
- by wiggum Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:10 am btp free travel?? View the latest post Replies 13 Views 1034
- by wiggum Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:01 pm roll call 2016 View the latest post Replies 10 Views 1083
- by Bert Moffat Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:12 pm All the best.... View the latest post Replies 4 Views 759
- by The Highway Man Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:27 pm Happy Christmas!! View the latest post Replies 3 Views 645
- by Xray5 Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:16 pm Dash Cams View the latest post Replies 5 Views 960
- by falkor Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:41 am CUMBRIA: CC speaks out against proposals for further cuts View the latest post Replies 1 Views 624
- by powdermonkey Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:00 am legal tender? View the latest post Replies 5 Views 1169
- by falkor Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 pm FREE TRAVEL for met pcsos View the latest post Replies 94 Views 4345
- by Bert Moffat Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:02 pm is she guilty of murder? will she return to Italy? View the latest post Replies 8 Views 1969
- by falkor Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:02 pm 2014 PCSO documentary View the latest post Replies 1 Views 772
- by falkor Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:22 pm this is WHY you should be a PCSO View the latest post Replies 1 Views 719
- by JimmyRiddle Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:49 am 'Biteback' dog spray View the latest post Replies 1 Views 880
- by gibbsw42 Tue May 26, 2015 2:04 pm error View the latest post Replies 3 Views 688
- by falkor Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:36 pm first dungeon of 2015 View the latest post Replies 8 Views 1285
- by JimmyRiddle Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:39 am What type of equipment do you take out with you? View the latest post Replies 22 Views 2834
- by JimmyRiddle Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm Route to PC View the latest post Replies 3 Views 1227
- by powdermonkey Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:42 pm Traffic wardens 'pressured' into issuing tickets View the latest post Replies 2 Views 1192
- by naughtygoose Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:25 pm Polishing boots View the latest post Replies 6 Views 991
- by powdermonkey Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 am swap a role View the latest post Replies 4 Views 768
- by Big Brother Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:20 pm Boots (again!) View the latest post Replies 13 Views 2151
- by Raven Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:10 pm Recruitment is back on View the latest post Replies 15 Views 1634
Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!
- Posts: 5048
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:39 am
- Alignment: 'Xevious'
- Location: Surrey
PCSO Natasha Fountain is the only PCSO who patrols the North of East Northamptonshire on horse back with nine-year-old Cody.
I spotted her while I was in Oundle taking pictures for a Lunchtime Life and decided to investigate further as it is not often I have seen a PCSO on the beat like this.
Having a chat to PCSO Fountain I could tell by listening to what she had to say she felt what she was doing was a privilege and an honour especially to be doing it on a horse.
She said: "This (patrolling on a horse) was first trailed on January 28, 2015, to see if it would work and how the community would perceive it."
It seems to have gone down very well as out of the 90 PCSO's in Northants she is the only one who rides a horse.
Speaking about PCSO Fountain and Cody, Sector Inspector for East Northants, Julie Mead, said: "PCSO Natasha Fountain and Cody have been a phenomenal success. They've increase visibility and reassurance in the community and are local celebrities in Oundle.
"They offer community reassurance and aid crime prevention. They've made a noticeable impact on traffic calming on the local roads.
"Cars slow down for them and are more likely to then slow down for other horse and riders too. They also go off-road and help tackle poaching and hare-coursing, improving trust and confidence in our rural communities."
Giving her thoughts on this different way of policing in the county, PCSO Fountain said: "By doing it this way I have a lot of strings to my bow.
"I have done some town centre patrols but mainly we (her horse Cody) patrol the bridleways and byeways in the north of East Northants.
"I keep my eyes open for fly tipping, rave sites and reporting gates which could be a danger for other riders as If I am struggling to get through then other riders will as well.
"I also keep an eye out for poaching and hare coursing." Read more: http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/No ... z45q3Lswdp
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
if you are a PCSO then you are right at home right here!