• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
As the horror of the Grenfell Tower block fire unfolded on Wednesday (June 14) morning, people from across the country have started asking what they can do to help those affected.

It's thought that around 500 people call the Lancaster West Estate high-rise home, and they need help - most of them will have lost everything.

getwestlondon has launched this JustGiving page, in aid of those affected by the horrific fire.

Although we'll never be able to replace their loved ones, memories and homes, we can help them rebuild.

We can show them that there's a whole country of people willing to support them as best as we can.

So if you can afford it, even just £1, please show these people some love at this terrible time and donate.

can I go picking wild flowers in the woods?

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

can I go picking wild flowers in the woods?

Post by falkor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:35 pm

what is the score? any law to stop me? :slbell:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: can I go picking wild flowers in the woods?

Post by powdermonkey » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Provided it's for personal use & not for selling, and provided it's not a rare or endangered plant, no. Otherwise it's an offence under the 1981 Wildlife and Countryside Act. Maybe Special Branch (ho ho) would be involved?
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:05 pm

spot on PM, well said! :slhi:
A man harvested thousands of wild flower bulbs from a beauty spot so he could illegally sell them on the internet.
William Robson Adams, 64, who has now been fined £370, was brought to justice thanks to the vigilance of residents in Dalston, near Carlisle.
They raised the alarm after realising thousands of wild flowers were vanishing from a local woodland.
interesting news report in today's TIMES and other newspapers detailing the "theft" of wild flowers/ bulbs on a grand scale by a local who saw a "business opportunity"

like you said "Provided it's for personal use & not for selling" how did you know it so well? any cases you have come across? or all part of PCSO training? :slred:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:24 pm

It cropped up (ha!) when a woman was reported for nicking the daffodils from a council owned park. The root (ha!) cause was she was giving them to her mother for mother's day. I seem to recall a charge of criminal damage was considered. Can't remember what, if anything, she was eventually done for. I hope it was a lesson for her and she turned over a new leaf (ha!).
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

Official Member
Official Member

Post by 7133 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:44 pm

It came up years ago but it was kids damaging flowers. Essentially the same thing I guess ...sort of. No-one where I worked was bothered and it didn't get dealt with in the end. But i had a brief look into it. Something to do with cultivated plants being damaged was the nearest I got. But hey, it was daft kids. Doesn't hurt to have something to threaten them with though does it ...
Krrrriiingggg. I believe this knife is yours!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic