I'm loosing my faith in the NHS

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I'm loosing my faith in the NHS

Post by mj12cz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 pm

After spending 4 days in plaster with a suspected broken foot, I was told by the A&E Doc, its broken I went to see the consultant who today said its fine no brake :sloops:

How could you miss that?
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Policeymans
Official Member
Official Member

Re: I'm loosing my faith in the NHS

Post by Policeymans » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Apart from misdiagnosing a very serious sports injury back in me teens I've got to be honest and stick up for the NHS. Always been top drawer with me and personally - never experienced much farting about.

Love the Ambulance crews who have to be up there in my 'Favourite People in the whole wide World' list.

I guess with most public sector jobs it's relatively thankless and often over-complicated. I think i'm privilaged to experience the benefits of a free health service with standards as high as the NHS.
BRING BACK BRIAN

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 pm

My problem is about 3 years ago I had a kidney stone move and dispite several visits to A&E and appointments with a consultant they could not find it.

I then ended up in Hospital in Czech and they found where it was stuck in a matter of hours, it took a complaint to get a CT scan done when I was home in the UK and then it was deemed it needed to be urgently removed.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Policeymans
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Policeymans » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Ouch. Not good man.

Suppose the NHS is only as the good as the service one receives.

So what did ye do to your foot? :sljo:
BRING BACK BRIAN

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 pm

I stamped down on a wrench while trying to loosen a wheel nut... was told that I have broken 2 metatarsals need to see the specalist It hurt like hell so I figured they were on the ball, I was then plastered up, 4 days later I told its torn muscles. There was no harm in plastering me up infact keeping the weight off was a good thing, however told its broken and then its not. :slch:

George Orwell

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by Hysteria » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:11 pm

It's basically a post code lottery when it comes to the NHS these days , some area's are fantastic some are crap , I have waited 2 years for proper CBT therapy still not got it fully , I have been told if I want help with my PTDS I will have to go private which I have no chance of doing so .

I still have not actually been diagnosed properly so they are still just chucking various meds at me which do not actually help they just zombify you .

so I feel your anger MJ

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by brianb » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:30 pm

mj - I thought you would be happy that your foot was not broken?

Hysteria - CBT? PTDS?

Lost me there....

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 am

brianb wrote:mj - I thought you would be happy that your foot was not broken?

Hysteria - CBT? PTDS?

Lost me there....

I am happy its not broken, I'm not happy at being told its broken then spending 4 days in a cast to be then told its fine. I feel thats probably not right.

George Orwell

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 am

I think most people could say they have heard of some blunder or mistake or other by our beloved health service.

When my ex husband went in for a large operation on his gut and bladder he was left without pain relief for 14 hour after coming around. The epidural had come out and the nurses kept denying this. The pain team was finally called but did not arrive for another 7 hours because as they explained there is only one covering the NHS and the BUPA across the road and the BUPA patients are prioritised. It was a total nightmare to see him in excrusiating pain and not being able to do anything.

I am certain I would not want to end up on a long term stay in hospital when I get old as I have read horror stories about the way elderly patients are looked after.

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Hysteria » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 am

Hysteria - CBT? PTDS?

Lost me there....

Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Soz got the letters around the wrong way

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)

To cut a long story short had a serious breakdown some of which was job related :(

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Hysteria » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:51 am

Gualsa wrote:I think most people could say they have heard of some blunder or mistake or other by our beloved health service.

When my ex husband went in for a large operation on his gut and bladder he was left without pain relief for 14 hour after coming around. The epidural had come out and the nurses kept denying this. The pain team was finally called but did not arrive for another 7 hours because as they explained there is only one covering the NHS and the BUPA across the road and the BUPA patients are prioritised. It was a total nightmare to see him in excrusiating pain and not being able to do anything.

I am certain I would not want to end up on a long term stay in hospital when I get old as I have read horror stories about the way elderly patients are looked after.

That is shocking , It's even more shocking that NHS patients are treated as second class citizens in most cases

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by brianb » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks H, sorry to hear that - are you off work as a result?

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Hysteria » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13 pm

brianb wrote:Thanks H, sorry to hear that - are you off work as a result?
see pm

It's ironic really If I had a Drug or Drink problem I would be getting all the help in the world :(

Maybe I should go sniff out my local crack dealer lol

Policeymans
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Policeymans » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Hysteria wrote:

Hysteria - CBT? PTDS?

Lost me there....

Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Soz got the letters around the wrong way

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)

To cut a long story short had a serious breakdown some of which was job related :(

Blimey man. Not good. All the best in your therapy, whenever you get it. Fight that bad boy. :slbx:
BRING BACK BRIAN

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic