The State of this Country is in, Scrap the Olympics !!

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Re: The State of this Country is in, Scrap the Olympics !!

Post by Hysteria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Catweazle , I agree with you on footballers wages 250 grand a week for 90 minutes running around is taking the pee , I don't actully count football as a real sport anymore , the players dont care about the game anymore these days , all they are intrested in are women and drugs and fast cars . they can't even perform for the national squad anymore .

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Catweazle wrote:Perhaps some Olympic Games have made profits... but I would question how true those figures are, as well as who actually benefited vs who lost out.
You can easily verify the figures by doing a quick Google and comparing results - I'm not surprised that you question them as they blow a rather large hole in your arguement, but I didn't fabricate them.
Catweazle wrote:Can we really trust our 'honest' politicians (almost all of whom proved their dishonesty and greed in one form or another when it came to expenses, let's not forget!) As for the businessmen and entrepreeurs who made the deals- Methinks these people are all in it for personl gain, not for Britain's hope or glory. I believe profits could be made- but since we'd need honest and good management from the powers-that-be, I doubt the country will benefit.
I also have concerns about the wisdom and business acumen of the organisers. After all, they're led by William Hague's ex-"Personal Trainer" Lord Coe, who's sole claim to fame is that he could run fast as a lad :slww:

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 am

Hysteria- Quite right. It's such a pity how sport has developed into something so unpleasant- and it's only getting worse.

Arthur- I take your point. I'm not saying you fabricated the figures- but those who compiled them could easily have done so (in order to suit their side of the argumen). Saying that, even if the figures are 100% accurate, I'm still convinced that the likelihood of our Olympics making a huge loss is considerably greater than making even a small profit.
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 am

Hysteria- Quite right. It's such a pity how sport has developed into something so unpleasant- and it's only getting worse.

Arthur- I take your point. I'm not saying you fabricated the figures- but those who compiled them could easily have done so (in order to suit their side of the argumen). Saying that, even if the figures are 100% accurate, I'm still convinced that the likelihood of our Olympics making a huge loss is considerably greater than making even a small profit.
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic