• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Webmaster/Moderator/

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

User avatar
Lalrmi
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by Lalrmi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 am

Just a suggestion....due to the current climate and uncertainty regarding the role would it possible to have sub headings from each force I.e Lancashire/Greater Manchester/Merseyside/Cheshire etc allowing people from each individual force to update with news relevant to their own force.
I feel it would be a good way to keep abreast of whats happening/latest news etc that is relevant in the current climate to each individual force.

Just an idea,what you think?.

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:16 am

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by brianb » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:28 am

Can I also make a suggestion that any news posted be restricted to facts only as "I heard from a friend whose wife knows the cleaner at ...." just adds to the uncertainty of the situation and fuels the rumour mill.

User avatar
jay1
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 pm
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'
Location: Suffolk

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by jay1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm

brianb wrote:Can I also make a suggestion that any news posted be restricted to facts only as "I heard from a friend whose wife knows the cleaner at ...." just adds to the uncertainty of the situation and fuels the rumour mill.
Agree with that 100%
The rumours are ruining this site as it's all doom and gloom and speculation.......
:slwot:

And scoring points off each other....

User avatar
falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Posts: 5050
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:39 am
Alignment: 'Xevious'
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by falkor » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Good idea Lalrmi but all I can offer you is an index really

try this > http://www.policecommunitysupportoffice ... nt-climate

it's just an INDEX of the threads that you are interested in

to have another thread ADDED simply reply to this thread with the thread url OR just PM me with it :slww:

User avatar
Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Northampton

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by Arthur ASCII » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:46 am

Lalrmi wrote:Just a suggestion....due to the current climate and uncertainty regarding the role would it possible to have sub headings from each force I.e Lancashire/Greater Manchester/Merseyside/Cheshire etc allowing people from each individual force to update with news relevant to their own force.
I feel it would be a good way to keep abreast of whats happening/latest news etc that is relevant in the current climate to each individual force.

Just an idea,what you think?.
I'm not in favour. There are over 50 Forces in the united Kingdom, and I'm interested in ALL of them and the debate they generate collectively - it'd be a nightmare trying to keep on top of that many individual threads.

Why not start a blog for your Force and put a link on this site?

User avatar
Lalrmi
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by Lalrmi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Falkor,thats superb,offering a quick link allowing the individual to check on latest news reference their own force.Id say an excellent re-assurance tool.Any chance of adding a quick link to it,somewhere more visible,allowing people to use it more frequently?.
Many thanks,and excellent work maintaining this site.well done to all concerned. :slroll:
Its nice to be armed with knowledge and the latest news.

User avatar
Lalrmi
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by Lalrmi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Arthur ASCII wrote:
Lalrmi wrote:Just a suggestion....due to the current climate and uncertainty regarding the role would it possible to have sub headings from each force I.e Lancashire/Greater Manchester/Merseyside/Cheshire etc allowing people from each individual force to update with news relevant to their own force.
I feel it would be a good way to keep abreast of whats happening/latest news etc that is relevant in the current climate to each individual force.

Just an idea,what you think?.
I'm not in favour. There are over 50 Forces in the united Kingdom, and I'm interested in ALL of them and the debate they generate collectively - it'd be a nightmare trying to keep on top of that many individual threads.

Why not start a blog for your Force and put a link on this site?
I Wasnt suggesting taking away collective debates in general,i just thought it could be a reassurance tool for anyone that just pops on to see any relevant news from their own force,particularly in the current climate.

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:16 am

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by brianb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Sad state of affairs when you have to get the latest on your job security from a forum, and not direct from your own force surely.

User avatar
Lalrmi
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by Lalrmi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:03 pm

brianb wrote:Sad state of affairs when you have to get the latest on your job security from a forum, and not direct from your own force surely.
Indeed...Think yourself lucky you arent feeling like many of us are.....nice one.;)

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:16 am

Re: Webmaster/Moderator/

Post by brianb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Although I cannot of another way of doing it, I think it is disgusting the way that you are being treated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic