• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

wikileaks, saviour? or maverick?

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

who does Wikileaks benefit?

You may select 1 option

View results

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

wikileaks, saviour? or maverick?

Post by falkor » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:02 pm

WASHINGTON: The mother of all leaks has engendered the mother of all debates.

The US government says by putting in public domain about 250,000 documents, nearly half of them classified and secret, Wikileaks is putting at risk lives of innocent individuals, endangering ongoing military and counterterrorism operations and jeopardizing ties between countries who are partners, allies and stakeholders in confronting common challenges.

Wikileaks says the release of the documents "reveals the contradictions between the US's public persona and what it says behind closed doors - and shows that if citizens in a democracy want their governments to reflect their wishes, they should ask to see what's going on behind the scenes."
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Re: wikileaks, saviour? or maverick?

Post by Hysteria » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 am

At first I was interested even downloaded some stuff before the severs were blocked , I even got around to reading some of the files most were Zzzzzzzz and unless you had an interest in politic's are rather dull , I never got around to seeing the more heavy duty files mainly because political titter tattle is one thing but putting out names of people who work behind closed doors and revealing ' military secrets about special op's ' is a big no no in my eyes . And tbh the average person in the street would not really understand them .

I'm all for freedom of speech but not when it puts peoples lives in danger anyway wikileaks is old hat it's all about twitter these days

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:21 pm

IMHO Julian Assange is a weirdo; narcissistic and paranoid.

Just dumping stuff into the public domain without any serious attempt to verify the integrity of the source is just irresponsible and stupid.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 pm

why is he narcissistic Arthur? :slwoot:

yeah but apart from that check out the FINANCIAL BLOCKADE of WIKILEAKS :D hehe I love this
Julian Assange, co-founder of WikiLeaks, has announced that the whistleblowing website is suspending publishing operations in order to focus on fighting a financial blockade and raise new funds.

Assange, speaking at a press conference in London on Monday, said a banking blockade had destroyed 95% of WikiLeaks' revenues.

He added that the blockade posed an existential threat to WikiLeaks and if it was not lifted by the new year the organisation would be "simply not able to continue".
see there is nothing like an existential threat :slhehe: that is something!
is there any precedent to such an existential threat ? that is what I want to know
The website, behind the publication of hundreds of thousands of controversial US embassy cables in late 2010 in partnership with newspapers including the Guardian and New York Times, revealed that it was running on cash reserves after "an arbitrary and unlawful financial blockade" by the Bank of America, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Western Union.

WikiLeaks said in a statement: "The blockade is outside of any accountable, public process. It is without democratic oversight or transparency.
see apparently the financial blockage is unlawful! Unlawful? what's unlawful about it and LOOK WHO'S TALKING!! :sldoh: how does this bloke have the FRONT to start swinging about "UNLAWFUL"? makes you laugh, well it does me anyway :slcl: READ MORE

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:25 am

Have a quick read of THIS PAGE. It'll give you a flavour of what a nutter Mr Assange seems to be.

Better still, subscribe to the excellent Private Eye satirical magazine.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Post by falkor » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:13 pm

well if you see him about Arthur, he's still WANTED

[ external image ]
STILL WANTED in SWEDEN for sexual assault and rape

warrant not revoked I'll put the cuffs on him myself :slby:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic