• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

should Police merge with Fire Brigade?

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

should Police merge with Fire Brigade?

Post by falkor » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:38 pm

[ external image ]
Justin Brown has retired as a police officer to find that his PCC Adam Simmonds plans to merge the Fire Brigade with the Police

what do you think? It would obviously save shedloads of money and if it worked .... who knows .... you could merge the Ambulance service too
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

Bert Moffat
Banned Member

Re: should Police merge with Fire Brigade?

Post by Bert Moffat » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:36 pm

How can you merge two totally different emergency services?

It would never work.

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by powdermonkey » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Like Bert, I cannot see how you could merge any of the emergency services. Shared accommodation might reduce costs but that's about it.

As for the video, Justin Brown has uploaded two videos to youtube and created a web page criticising Adam Simmonds. He really doesn't like the chap. As for Brown's comment regarding Simmonds being politically biased, my gut reaction is that the majority of IPCC's are political animals. Very few individuals would have he financial resources to have run an election campaign and I think Brown is being somewhat naïve.
I'm more concerned with reports regarding the costs of Simmonds' office being more expensive to run than the former police authority and the allegations of cronyism and appointing people without a proper selection process.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:06 am

appointing people without a proper selection process, I think they're just "allowed" to do that but it does stink :slead:
Like Bert, I cannot see how you could merge any of the emergency services
I believe this has been done in the USA, Police have been merged with FB in some cities, has anyone else heard of that?

Well worth seeing Brown's video though!! slow start ... but gathers pace :slch2:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic