• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

What are your hobbies!!!

OFF TOPIC is for any news story not directly linked to PCSO issues, off duty leisure pursuits. Sailing down the Thames. Playing computer games or basket weaving.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

xeon
Official Member
Official Member

Post by xeon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm

SCUBA diving and i guess since I am a VPC being a police cadet is one too, sad eh :P

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:24 am

falkor wrote:how do you do digs DT? where do you go and did you meet that fella out of Blackadder? Baldrick is a "digger" I believe!! was he there?

one great hobby of mine is keeping a tab on old mates from Windsor Safari Park and I returned to Legoland 5 years ago to get an unofficial tour of the old Windsor Safari Areas not bulldozed by Legoland

it was surreal :oops:

and I have requests from people to do it again!! :shock: that place will never die :cry:
I did my digs back in the seventies and early eighties The best was the Iron Age fort at Danebury, where I had the priviledge of working under Barry Suttcliffe, who did a number of TV programmes, and was a really great guy. Another good one was Billingsgate, on the site of the old fish market.
Happy days/ :D
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:56 pm

xeon wrote:SCUBA diving and i guess since I am a VPC being a police cadet is one too, sad eh :P
I wanted to do scuba diving but i was a bit scared you know being under water with an oxygen and mask, i have been snorkelling and thats fun. :D
Regards
Anthony

xeon
Official Member
Official Member

Post by xeon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:52 pm

ANTHONY C wrote:
xeon wrote:SCUBA diving and i guess since I am a VPC being a police cadet is one too, sad eh :P
I wanted to do scuba diving but i was a bit scared you know being under water with an oxygen and mask, i have been snorkelling and thats fun. :D
Yup I think I only did it because there was a mate by my side and I didn't want to look like an chicken by not going in :roll: Loved it though, just the first 5 minutes can be abit scary.

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:32 pm

xeon wrote:
ANTHONY C wrote:
Yup I think I only did it because there was a mate by my side and I didn't want to look like an chicken by not going in :roll: Loved it though, just the first 5 minutes can be abit scary.
I don't care i am a woss anyway i prefer fishing.
Regards
Anthony

xeon
Official Member
Official Member

Post by xeon » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:53 am

That reminds me Spear fishing, untill I seen some one in murcky water beeing shot by one, in a shark infested area, went right off it then.

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:40 pm

xeon wrote:That reminds me Spear fishing, untill I seen some one in murcky water beeing shot by one, in a shark infested area, went right off it then.
yeah that would most probably put me off aswell. :D
Regards
Anthony

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:45 pm

Yes. I most certainly agree.
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

Number8
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Number8 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:45 pm

I enjoy fishkeeping (Malawi cichlids) and I am also a Ducati motorcycle fanatic 8)

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:39 am

I sculpt fairies and babies out of clay, i have been in magazines and apparently my fairies where used in the movie tooth (not seen the movie yet so i dont know)

But now adays i just play the wii, DS and play sims 2. Oh and i have three wonderful dogs which i take to dogs shows, was meant to have been to crufts last year but one of the dogs got sick (think she just got stage fright)

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: What are your hobbies!!!

Post by PI & GI » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:36 pm

I Play rugby and am an ambulance service first responder- and Im also a member of a WW2 US AIRBOURNE PARATROOPER living history- (82nd a/b- -the film the longest day is a good depiction of how we base ourselves), we make sure we look the part but have to make sure we have researched the kit and role for accuracy. We go to many events all over the world, but I still can't understand why people do german ww2 stuff? - for accuacy and to have an 'enemy' to shoot -i know but some people take it too far. Beltring (war and peace show) in kent is the militaria and reenacting nuts mecca, its brill.
You can by anything from a tank to a handgun (deact of course) and all the kit under the sun. I have a couple of websites for interest:

http://www.aapathinders.co.uk
http://www.warandpeace.co.uk
http://www.6juin1944.com
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:26 pm

:hah: out of those 3 websites only 1 actually comes up PI :yikes:

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by Hysteria » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:18 pm

I have just taken up Photography am saving to get some decent cameras at the mo appartly I have a good eye for it :shock:

Other hobbies include SecondLife also have been perseded to take up darts again am playing for one of the local teams

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:26 pm

I used to play second life, i signed up for the mobile phone beta version.

buitzesao
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by buitzesao » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:42 pm

WingTsun currently a 2nd Technician been doing it for over 7 years!! :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic